Build a better category list.
The Advanced Categories Widget is a powerful and flexible category widget for WordPress that makes building and displaying custom category lists a snap.
Organize your site in style with this highly customizable category widget!
- Build multiple lists!
- Select which categories to display.
- Choose how to order your categories: name, post count, etc.
- Set the order for displaying the categories.
- Supports category thumbnails.
- Set and preview custom thumbnail sizes, or choose from your site’s registered image sizes.
- Show a description of each category.
- Set and preview the length of the description.
- Select the list format to match your site’s markup. Choose from:
- Show post count.
- Choose the default (basic) CSS styling or roll your own.
This widget was built not only with end-users in mind, but also plugin developers. Almost every aspect of this widget is extensible through filters and action hooks. You can even add your own form fields to the widget form!
- Need to remove a field from the widget form? Not a problem! Every field is passed through its own filter for easy customization.
- Need to modify the output of the widget? Easy! The output is passed through numerous filters, allowing you to customize the post list to meet your project’s requirements.
- For a full list of action hooks and filters, please see the plugin documentation: http://darrinb.com/plugins/advanced-categories-widget
From the WordPress.org plugin repository:
- Download and install using the built-in WordPress plugin installer.
- Activate in the “Plugins” area of your admin by clicking the “Activate” link.
- No further setup or configuration is necessary.
- Head on over to the Widgets screen or the Customizer to start building your lists!
- Where can I find documentation?
The plugin’s official page: http://darrinb.com/plugins/advanced-categories-widget
- Can I contribute?
Of course! Have an idea for a feature? Reach out on the plugin’s official page. Want to dive into the code? Jump right in! Feel free to submit pull requests for new ideas & enhancements!
Check out the project’s GitHub page: https://github.com/dboutote/Advanced-Categories-Widget
Contributi e sviluppo
“Advanced Categories Widget” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Updated admin js to use Widgins core js
- Updated admin css to use Widgins core css
- Added functionality to remove widget option when widget instance is deleted.
- Added uninstall.php
- Initial release