Gutenberg Editor already maintains the parent-child relationship when you select a category. So the child doesn’t move at the top in the category meta box. So this plugin isn’t required if you’re using the Gutenberg Editor.
Categories in Hierarchical Order plugin applies to WordPress Classic Post Editor only.
This plugin contains functionality to let you maintain default hierarchical order of categories when you select and save them for a post in your WordPress Admin Classic Post Editor.
The selected category/categories, to which a post belongs, are by default pushed at the top in the Category tab while saving the post. Whereas activating Categories in Hierarchical Order plugin will keep the position of selected category/categories unchanged as per their parent/child relationship.
This section describes how to install the Plugin and get it working.
- Install Categories in Hierarchical Order plugin either via the WordPress.org plugin directory or by uploading the categories-in-hierarchical-order folder to
/wp-content/plugins/directory at your server
- Activate the Plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You are ready
Is this plugin compatible with custom taxonomies?
Yes, this plugin supports custom taxonomy
Is there any setting option with this plugin?
No, this plugin hasn’t any setting
Does the plugin work on Gutenberg Editor too?
No. This is for Classic Editor only.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Categories in Hierarchical Order” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Security improvement by blocking direct file access
- GitHub and support links updated
- Tested up to WordPress version 5.6 with Classic Editor
- Changed the Class constructor for compatibility to PHP 7
- Tested to support latest WordPress version
- Maintain category hierarchical order