Content Shortcodes creates a custom post type to organize repeatable content that can be embedded into your site using WordPress shortcodes. Never deal with widgets for repeatable content again.
Using the plugin is incredibly straightforward. You simply create new modular content for your site under the new Shortcodes post type, and then add that content to your site’s posts and pages with a simple shortcode.
Demo Video: https://vimeo.com/85557648
GitHub URL: https://github.com/binaryorganic/content-shortcodes
There’s no setup or customization necessary. Just install the plugin and you’re good to go.
There are a few simple steps to getting started with the plugin:
Create a new Content Shortcode: Click the new Shortcode post-type that has been created in the left-hand menu of WordPress, and then click Add New.
Add some content to your new Content Shortcode. Make sure to give it a title and assign it a category before publishing. Those will only be used to help keep you organized in the admin section and will never be displayed on the front-end of your site, but we recommend using them for quick reference later. When you’re finished, simply click Publish.
Add a Shortcode to your site: Make note of the post-id on the View all Shortcodes screen in the admin section of WordPress. Go into your post or page and add your shortcode using the following format:
where “XX” equals the post-id of the content shortcode you would like to use.
- What exactly does the plugin do?
1) Creates a new post-type called Shortcodes
2) Creates a self-closing shortcode called [content-shortcode]
3) Adds a column in your View Posts screen that gives you easy access to Post IDs.
- Why not just use widgets?
- It’s not really what widgets were intended for
- Sites with large amounts of repeatable, modular content get quickly hard to manage using widgets
- You get to use the normal WordPress content editor as opposed to that tiny little text box on the widget screen
- Your modular content gets its own home in WordPress, which makes site management easy
Non ci sono recensioni per questo plugin.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Content Shortcodes” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Initial Release