Stops abuse of your site’s XML-RPC by simply removing some methods used by attackers. While you can use the rest of XML-RPC methods.
This is more friendly than disabling totally XML-RPC, that it’s needed by some plugins and apps (I.e. Mobile apps or some Jetpack’s modules).
- The original one.
- Simple and effective.
- No marketing buzz.
- Maintained and updated when needed since 2014.
- 100% compliant with WordPress coding standards which makes it fail safe.
- 70,000+ active installations can’t be wrong.
If you’re happy with the plugin please don’t forget to give it a good rating, it will motivate me to keep sharing and improving this plugin (and others).
Removes the following methods from XML-RPC interface.
- X-Pingback from HTTP headers. This will hopefully stops some bots from trying to hit your xmlrpc.php file.
- WordPress 3.8.1 or higher.
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation (or install it directly from your dashboard) and then activate the plugin from Plugins page.
- There’s not options page, simply install and activate.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Disable XML-RPC Pingback” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
“Disable XML-RPC Pingback” è stato tradotto in 14 lingue. Grazie ai traduttori per i loro contributi.
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Improved WP version checking to avoid a notice under certain versions of WP.
- Minor changes to make code 100% compliant with WordPress Coding Standards.
- Added support for X-Pingback header removal in recent versions of WP.
- Added code to remove X-Pingback from HTTP headers as suggested by user https://wordpress.org/support/topic/remove-x-pingback-http-header
- Initial release.