This plugin was designed for the purpose of outputting the meta data associated with a WP post or page so developers and site designers can verify what information is available.
To use this plugin, simply activate then either simply navigate to a post, page or custom post type and then click on the “DPM” link in the toolbar. For those who have the toolbar disabled, setting show_meta=true in the URL will activate the meta display. Example:
If you are interested in learning about the other plugins we have created and/or are working on and would like to know about new releases and special offers we have, please subscribe here.
Using this plugin is very simple. All you have to do is:
display-post-metafolder to the
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Navigate to any Post or Page on your website and click on the “DPM” link in the toolbar.
- What is this plugin for?
When working with WordPress it is often useful to view the meta data that is being associated with a given post or page. This can be helpful especially when designing templates and other such things. This plugin simply outputs in a visual way, all the data it can find.
- What can we expect in future releases?
A better looking design.
Choices for how you would like to the data to be displayed.
More detailed data pertaining to the current post.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Display Post Meta” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Traduci “Display Post Meta” nella tua lingua.
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Esplora il Codice segui il Repository SVN iscriviti al Log delle Modifiche. Puoi farlo tramite RSS con un lettore di feed.
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Check to ensure user is an administrator before displaying content or button rather than just logged in
- Don’t show the toolbar button on archives, admin pages and others where it doesn’t make sense
- Show the toolbar button for small screens (was hidden)
- Add a Post Meta link next to the Edit post link on the front end
- Show meta data inline when Post Meta link is clicked
- Added “Other” section which includes post info like author, published date, ID and current template
- Added some sanitization for increased security
- Refactored lots of the core code for more clarity and flexibility
- Added a close button on the info screen
- Placed all core functions into a class
- Improved WordPress coding standards compliance
- Lots of styling adjustments
- Output content on
wp_footerhook instead of
wp(which was so dumb)
- Better naming and modulation of functions
- Add support for custom taxonomies on all post types
- Greatly improved display of custom field data
- Removed the
- Add clarifying statement if no custom fields
- Some updates to fix the function of DPM button
- Add active style to the DMP Button
- Ability added to close DPM window by clicking on ‘DPM’ from the admin bar
- Fix for a few undefined index errors showing when in debug mode.
- Register stylesheet
- Enqueue stylesheet if
show_metaquery parameter is equal to true
- Better function names
- DPM link actually adds a query arg instead of just appending to the URL
- Display now looks for the show_meta query parameter instead of parsing the URL
- Better CSS
- Fixed taxonomy loop to no longer nest
- Initial release.