Fluid Checkout simplifies and improves the checkout experience on WooCommerce websites for your new and repeating customers with a truly linear, Shopify-like checkout.
Eliminate unnecessary friction at the checkout page and benefit from better conversion rates, customer satisfaction, and earned customer loyalty.
Ask for shipping information before billing in a multi-step or one-step checkout, easily add trust symbols and display a coupon code field that does not distract your customers.
Similar to the Shopify checkout, and even better!
Better accessibility at the checkout page with support for keyboard-only navigation and screen readers.
View detailed list of features on our website
Top notch plugin and support team!
Cleanest and easiest checkout plugin on the market – it will save you a lot of headache in setting up your checkout flow and the support team is active/responsive and consistently working to improve. Just go ahead download and activate this one 🔥🔥🔥
Fluid Checkout PRO
All the awesomeness of the Lite version, with even more features to make your customer’s checkout experience excelent.
Multi step layout
Make sure to test the checkout flow by adding to the cart and completing the purchase at least two times to see how the plugin streamlines the process for repeat customers.
Single step layout
Single step checkout is recommended when only a few fields are required, usually when selling digital products or when a shipping address is not needed.
Insane how great this is!
This plugin radically modernizes and cleans up the WooCommerce checkout.
While doing a better job at UX & Conversion Optimization, it’s also more compatible with plugins… even ahead of the new Gutenberg WooCommerce Checkout block that’s been under development!
Quite insane how the developer is doing this. And a free plugin!!
Lite features (Free)
Multi-step or Single-step: Choose between multi-step and one-step checkout layouts. While Fluid Checkout changes the layout of the checkout page, it will still look and feel like your website.
Optimized for mobile: Fluid Checkout is optimized for mobile devices and will surface the most appropriate keyboard type on fields such as phone and email. In fact, Fluid Checkout was created with mobile devices in mind, and enhanced with more functionality and style for bigger screens.
Easily add trust symbols to the checkout page: Add any widget such as accepted payment methods, security badges, reviews, testimonials, or anything that can boost the perceived trust customers have on the website. The checkout page contains widget areas displayed at strategic positions:
- Order Summary: at the bottom of the order summary, below the order details and the place order button when present.
- Checkout Sidebar: displayed on the sidebar, below the order summary.
- Checkout Header – Desktop: at the checkout header — only displayed on desktop devices and when using the plugin’s header and footer templates.
- Checkout Header – Mobile: at the top of the page, right below the checkout header — only displayed on mobile devices and when using the plugin’s header and footer templates.
Shipping before billing: Customers expect to fill up shipping information before thinking about billing, by asking for the shipping information before billing, we remove unnecessary friction, matching the customer’s expectations.
Hide optional fields: The average checkout page has 16 open fields, by removing optional fields from the immediate view we can reduce that number to about 8-9 fields. These fields can still be entered as the customer can click the “Add ” links to reveal the fields they need. Examples of these fields are the “Company”, “Address line 2”, “Phone” and “Order notes”.
Instant field validation: The default WooCommerce checkout only validates when the form is submitted, leading to confusion and frustration. Customers want the “Place order” button to be the last thing they click to complete their purchase. Some things can only be validated when placing the order, such as if the credit card is valid and has enough funds to cover the order total, however, most errors at checkout can be prevented by instantly validating the customer data.
Integrated coupon code field at the checkout: When users see an open coupon code field at the checkout page the changes they will leave the website and go “coupon hunting” is very high, and they might not come back. The integrated coupon code field is displayed in a custom expansible section, and while less noticeable is still discoverable by customers who have a coupon and need to add it.
Shipping phone field: Add a separate phone field for shipping-related questions, in addition to the native billing phone field.
Automatically saved customer data: customers won’t lose any information they already have entered on the checkout page, and will get back exactly where they left when re-visiting it. Only payment information won’t be saved for security reasons.
Skip completed steps: Repeat customers will love how easy it is to complete their next purchase. Fluid Checkout skips the steps where all required information is provided and validated while providing an easy way to review and change any of the information.
Log-in without leaving the checkout: Repeat customers with an account registered can log in from the checkout page directly without having to visit another page and make their way back to checkout.
NEW Account matching: let registered customers complete the purchase without logging in and associate the order to existing customer account.
NEW Edit cart at checkout: let customers edit product quantity or remove products directly from the checkout page. You might even want to ditch the cart page entirely.
Express checkout: display express checkout buttons from popular payment methods at the checkout page.
Address book: allow customers to save multiple addresses to their account and choose which ones to use at the checkout and cart pages.
Cart page optimization: always updated cart, with operations processed via AJAX, cart cross-sells display, coupon code field, and layout consistent with the checkout page.
Thank you / Order confirmation page: order details layout consistent with the checkout page on the order received page and account view order pages.
Google Address Autocomplete for WooCommerce: let customers search their addresses and autofill fields in the checkout page using the Google APIs, reducing by around 40% the number of fields they need to type. Also available as a stand-alone plugin.
Offer gift options: let customers add a gift message to their order that can to be printed with the packing slips generated by popular invoices and packing slips plugins.
Local pickup: hide shipping address when a local pickup shipping method is selected.
International phone number: format and validate phone fields on the checkout and account pages based on the country.
Integrated coupon code field at the checkout: more options for positions to display the coupon code field.
- Delayed account creation
- More layout and design options
- Customize checkout steps and fields
- … and a lot more smaller features.
View detailed list of PRO features on our website
Need more features?
Tested WooCommerce Themes
Some themes may need adjustments due to not using WooCommerce standards hooks or styles. We’ve tested certain third-party WooCommerce themes to ensure better compatibility with Fluid Checkout. If your theme is not on the list it does not mean it won’t work. Only that we have not tested it yet.
- Astra – by Brainstorm Force
- Blocksy – by CreativeThemes
- Divi – by Elegant Themes
- Flatsome – by UX-Themes
- Generate Press – by Tom Usborne
- Go – by GoDaddy
- Hello Elementor – by Elementor Team
- Hestia – by ThemeIsle
- Kadence – by Kadence WP
- Neve – by ThemeIsle
- Ocean WP – by OceanWP
- OnePress – by FameThemes
- Orchid Store – by themebeez
- Page Builder Framework – by David Vongries
- Phlox – by averta
- PopularFX – by Pagelayer
- Storefront – by WooCommerce
- Woostify – by Woostify
- Zakra – by ThemeGrill
- Aora – by Thembay
- Avada – by ThemeFusion
- Diza – by Thembay
- Electro – by MandrasThemes
- Enfold – by Kriesi
- Hazel – by Select Themes
- Impreza – by UpSolution
- Kentha – by QantumThemes
- LeadEngine – by Key-Design
- Minimog – by ThemeMove
- Mr. Tailor – by Get Bowtied
- OnAir2 – by QantumThemes
- Phlox PRO – by averta
- Razzi – by DrFuri
- Riode – by D-THEMES
- Shoptimizer – by CommerceGurus
- Striz – by Opal Team
- The Hanger – by Get Bowtied
- Woodmart – by XTemos
- Zota – by Thembay
** Don’t see your theme in the list? No problem. **
Only the themes that we have added explicit compatibility with or that we have tested and works as expected are listed above.
Try Fluid Checkout now and if you experience any issues please let us know through the support forum and we’ll fix it asap.
Compatible with popular plugins
- Integration Rede for WooCommerce – by MarcosAlexandre
- Klarna Checkout for WooCommerce by Krokedil.
- Mercado Pago payments for WooCommerce – by Mercado Pago
- PagSeguro for WooCommerce – by Claudio Sanches
- Payment Plugins for PayPal WooCommerce – by Payment Plugins
- Payment Plugins for Stripe WooCommerce – by Payment Plugins
- PaysonCheckout for WooCommerce by Krokedil.
- Rede WooCommerce – by Rede
- WooCommerce Affirm Gateway – by WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Amazon Pay – by WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Authorize.Net Gateway – by SkyVerge
- WooCommerce PayPal Standard – integration which comes with WooCommerce
- WooCommerce PayPal Payments – by WooCommerce
- WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway – by WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Stripe Gateway – by WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway – by WooCommerce
Payment Gateways – with Express Checkout (PRO feature)
- WooCommerce Amazon Pay – by WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Stripe Gateway – by WooCommerce
- Brazilian Market on WooCommerce – by Claudio Sanches (see demo)
- Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce – by ThemeHigh
- Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce PRO – by ThemeHigh, only basic features. For advanced features, you’ll need Fluid Checkout PRO.
- Captcha Pro – by BestWebSoft
- Creative Mail – by Constant Contact
- Delivery & Pickup Date Time for WooCommerce – by CodeRockz
- Elementor – by Elementor Team
- Elementor PRO – by Elementor Team
- Flexible Checkout Fields for WooCommerce – by WP Desk
- FluentCRM Pro – by Fluent CRM
- Flexible Shipping – by WP Desk
- German Market – by MarketPress
- Germanized for WooCommerce – by vendidero
- Klaviyo – by Klaviyo.
- MailerLite WooCommerce Integration – by MailerLite
- MailPoet – by MailPoet
- Oxygen Builder – Soflyy
- Sendinblue – WooCommerce Email Marketing (by Sendinblue)
- SG Checkout Location Picker for WooCommerce – by Sevengits
- SG Map to Address – by Sevengits
- WooCommerce Correios – by Claudio Sanches
- WooCommerce Delivery & Pickup Date Time Pro – by CodeRockz
- WP Crowdfunding – by Themeum
Plugins (PRO feature)
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips – by Ewout Fernhout
- WooCommerce Print Invoices/Packing Lists – by SkyVerge
** Don’t see a plugin in the list? No problem. **
Only the plugins that we have added explicit compatibility with, or that we have tested and works as expected are listed above.
If a plugin or payment method is not on the list it does not mean it won’t work. Only that we have not tested it yet.
Try Fluid Checkout now and if you experience any issues please let us know through the support forum and we’ll fix it asap.
In addition to a number of default settings (including a custom header/logo), multi-step or single step layout types and easily enabling/disabling features from settings page, the plugin contains HTML/PHP based templates and provides many filters and action hooks that allow for customization.
To customize template files, copy the templates to your theme folder, add a hook to the filter
fc_override_template_with_theme_file to allow the plugin’s version of the template to be overriden by the your customized template file. For more information and examples, see our guide How to customize template files.
To customize styles when making small adjustments, just add your custom CSS through your theme, the Customizer Custom CSS field or using a plugin.
If you need more control, you can remove the plugin styles and add your own complete custom CSS files. If you are familiar with SASS and other code building tools, the original SASS files are included in the plugin and can be modified and rebuilt, most styles make use of SASS variables that can make the process a lot easier.
All labels and other texts added or changed by the plugin are translatable using the built-in WordPress functions.
Currently the plugin is translated into the languages below, and more are coming soon:
- English (Default)
– Fluid Checkout is fully localized and translatable. We understand this is very important to all users worldwide.
– Languages with variations will use the same language file. For example, when the website is in German the translation used will be German (Formal). For all Spanish speaking countries, the translation used will be Spanish (Spain).
– All languages are translated using automated methods such as Google Translate or DeepL. If you encounter any errors in the translation to your language, please report them to us and we’ll fix it.
** Want Fluid Checkout in your language? Or want to customize an existing translation? **
Follow instructions on our documentation article How to translate Fluid Checkout plugins into your language .
** RTL Support **
- Although currently there are no official transations to RTL languages, the plugin will adjust its layout to RTL languages as expected.
Contributions are welcome
Your are more than welcome to contribute to the project with your code, feature request and feedback.
If you found and fixed a bug, implemented a new feature, or translated the plugin.
Please fork the repository from Github and submit a Pull Request.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
- Search for “Fluid Checkout for WooCommerce”, and press “Install now”.
- Or, press “Upload Plugin” and select the zip file, then press “Install Now”.
Once installed and activated, the Fluid Checkout will take over the WooCommerce checkout page and change its layout to the multi-step option. The default settings were chosen to minimize checkout abandonment and to work for most shops. Some features need to be enabled on the settings page before you see them at the checkout page.
If you want to tweak the settings, head over to WP Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > Fluid Checkout.
Is there a Fluid Checkout PRO version?
Yes. You can view all details and list of features of the Fluid Checkout PRO version on our website.
Will Fluid Checkout work with my theme?
Yes! Fluid Checkout should work with most theme out-of-the-box. However some themes may need adjustments due to not using WooCommerce standard hooks or styles or if they add their own customizations which might conflict with Fluid Checkout.
If you have any issues using Fluid Checkout with your theme please let us know through the support forum and we’ll fix it asap.
Does Fluid Checkout work with other plugins I use on my webshop?
Although Fluid Checkout was built in a way that it should be compatible with most plugins, the checkout page is a really complex part of WooCommerce and there are myriads of plugins that extends it. Because of that, it is likely that some plugins won’t work optimaly with Fluid Checkout out-of-the-box.
If you have any issues using Fluid Checkout with other plugins please let us know through the support forum and we’ll fix it asap.
Is Fluid Checkout compliant with privacy laws (GDPR / RGPD / CCPA / LGPD)?
We value your privacy and your customers’ privacy.
While we cannot guarantee that the plugin is fully compliant with privacy laws in every country.
We assure you that Fluid Checkout does not, and will not, collect any customer data from your shop.
In the future, and with your explicit consent, we might collect some non-sensitive usage data from your website such as the plugin and WooCommerce settings, which other plugins and themes you have installed on your shop to help us to improve the plugin.
Details and examples of the data collected will be shown on the plugin interface for you to review prior to sending the data to our servers for collection and storage.
Is Fluid Checkout fully compatible with ADA/WCAG 2.1 Level AA requirements? Will it make my webshop compliant?
No. While Fluid Checkout does improve the accessibility of the checkout page by implementing support for keyboard-only navigation and screen readers, we can’t say if your webshop will be 100% compliant or not with ADA, WCAG or any other accessibility requirements.
Did you know that only about 30% of accessibility issues can be detected with automated tools? The majority of the issues can only be detected with manual testing on each page of the website. Read the article: Automated Accessibility Testing Tools: How Much Do Scans Catch?.
We have plans to add an “accessible layout” feature that will ensure most accessibility issues will be fixed.
How do I add trust symbols to the checkout page?
The plugin provides widget areas in strategic positions on the checkout page for adding the trust symbols. Head over to WP Admin > Appearance > Widget Areas, and add any type of widget to boost the perceived trust customers have on the website.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Fluid Checkout for WooCommerce – Lite” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
“Fluid Checkout for WooCommerce – Lite” è stato tradotto in 4 lingue. Grazie ai traduttori per i loro contributi.
Traduci “Fluid Checkout for WooCommerce – Lite” nella tua lingua.
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Esplora il Codice segui il Repository SVN iscriviti al Log delle Modifiche. Puoi farlo tramite RSS con un lettore di feed.
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
2.3.2 – 2023-03-13
IMPORTANT FIX: Compatibility with plugin Payment Plugins for PayPal WooCommerce not working properly on mobile devices.
- Bump tested up to WooCommerce 7.5
- Improved: Add a safe location for translation files at
- Improved: Support for language variations to use the main language translation. (Ie.:
es_ESfor the translation).
- Improved: Set constants
WOOCOMMERCE_CHECKOUTwhen processing cart and checkout fragment requests respectively. This should fix compatibilty with some plugins.
- Improved: Update file checkout.js with latest changes to the original file on the WooCommerce plugin.
- Improved: Add security check to dismiss admin notice links and fix related PHP 8.1 deprecated notices.
- Fixed: Multiple issues when trying to customize template files.
- Fixed: Critical issue on compatibility with Payment Plugins for PayPal WooCommerce (version 1.0.25+) where the PayPal buttons and secure popup did not work properly on mobile devices, and sometimes also not on desktop devices.
2.3.1 – 2023-02-28
- Added: Translation to Polish (Poland).
- Added: New filter
fc_is_checkout_page_or_fragmentto set the current request as a checkout request in some cases.
- Added: Compatibility with plugin YITH WooCommerce Uploads Premium.
- Fixed: Compatibility with plugin Sendinblue – WooCommerce Email Marketing versions 3.0.0+.
- Fixed: Display notice to enter complete shipping address to see shipping methods available, instead of an error message from the start.
- Fixed: Login link when matching account is detected while trying to place an order with the PayPal plugin from Webtoffee.
- Fixed: Additional notes field not visible when previously hidden using the Elementor PRO Checkout widget.
- Fixed: Fatal error trying to save changes to the checkout page when using Elementor editor.
2.3.0 – 2023-01-27
POSSIBLY BREAKING CHANGES – Some template files were moved, which can cause customizations to those files to stop working. See documentation on how to customize template files and fix possible issues with your customizations.
- Bump tested up to WooCommerce 7.4.0
- Added: Compatibility with theme Martfury.
- Added: Compatibility with plugin Klarna Checkout for WooCommerce by Krokedil.
- Added: Compatibility with plugin Klarna Payments for WooCommerce by Krokedil.
- Added: Compatibility with plugin PaysonCheckout for WooCommerce by Krokedil.
- Added: Functions
undo_hooksto feature files to allow undoing hook changes in some rare cases.
- Improved: Persist checked state for create account checkbox and use Collapsible Block script to show/hide the account fields section.
- Improved: Add loading indicator on the place order button, and other buttons and input fields.
- Improved: Prevent starting “update checkout” requests while processing place order submit.
- Improved: Separate styles for checkout layout and checkout steps into different files, allowing to load them independently.
- Improved: Moved template files to a better structure, making it consistent with the PRO plugin structure and easier to understand. See documentation on how to customize template files and fix possible issues with your customizations.
- Improved: Changed the way plugin feature files are registered.
- Removed: Filter
fc_init_features_listas it has no valid use case.
- Deprecated: FluidCheckout::locate_template, use FluidCheckout_Steps::locate_template instead.
- Deprecated: FluidCheckout_Steps::get_hide_site_header_footer_at_checkout, use FluidCheckout_CheckoutPageTemplate::get_hide_site_header_footer_at_checkout instead.
- Fixed: Set contact step as incomplete when create account checkbox is checked and required fields do not have a value.
- Fixed: Missing login form styles on some themes.
- Fixed: Only load modifield WooCommerce script files on the affected pages.
- Fixed: Compatibility with plugin Hezarfen causing pages to stop processing.