Ipgp ip address lookup can be installed as a plugin and it works in the sidebar as a widget or in posts and pages using the shortcode [iplookup] . It can lookup the IP address a visitor enters in a form, and he will get country, city and state.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ‘Appearance’ section on your admin panel, and select ‘Widgets’ submenu OR add the following shortcode to your posts and pages: [iplookup]
- Drag “Ipgp” widget and paste it to your active sidebar, in the place you want it to appear
Do i have to change my theme to make the plugin work?
No theme changes are needed for this plugin.
The current version of plugin is designed to be placed on the sidebar, in the future versions there will exist the option to be tagged directly from theme files.
How it will affect my design and blog functionality
If your visitors want to lookup an IP address, the page will refresh and then the data will be shonw under the input box.
Non ci sono recensioni per questo plugin.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Ipgp ip address lookup” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Fixed sidebar widget
- Fixed deprecated function errors
- Updated plugin to work with latest version of WordPress
- Added extra security checks
- Changed admin page text
- Changed the way shortcode is displayed
- Adapted to work with WordPress 4.1.1
- Re-arranged text
- Fixed compatibility issues with other plugins
- Checked and tested for WordPress 4.0.1
- Added a page in administration where the API key can be changed
- Added API key support to the plugin
- Added the shortcode [iplookup] to display the ip lookup tool in posts and pages
- Now Internet Service Provider is available
- This is the first version of the plugin