Adds three widgets – “Text/List”, “Text/List (If Logged In)” and “Text/List (Not Logged In)”. These can be used much like the normal Text widget, except two of them only display if the condition is met.
* Add a link to a Register page, along with some text promoting registration (for example on a site with the bbPress plugin)
* Display adverts to users who are not logged in
* Display useful links to users who are logged in.
* Display a nice list to everyone.
Because the widgets are separate, you can have the logged-in widget in a different place to a logged-out widget. You don’t even have to have pairs of widgets.
Unlike the normal Text widget which just has a toggle for paragraph on/off, this widget has four display options:
- No formatting
- Add paragraphs
- Bullet list (ul)
- Numbered list (ol)
The list options are useful if you are adding a number of links – simply add each one on a new line and they’ll be turned into a bullet. Please note that this plugin adds no CSS. Often themes style the lists within a widget to make menus look nice, so your theme may (for example) prevent numbers from showing. See FAQ.
You may find that the Text/List widget is useful even without the logged-in / logged-out conditional.
There isn’t much to do.
/wp-content/plugins/directory (or install via Add Plugins – search for Logged In Conditional Text Widget or author Paul Gregory)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Widgets where you’ll see three new widgets: “Text/List (If Logged In)”, “Text/List (Not Logged In)”, “Text/List”.
- Add and configure widget instances in the normal way.
- You may need to tweak your theme’s CSS to get numbered lists to show as desired. See FAQ. The UL and OL have a class of ‘textlistconditional’ which you can target if required.
- Why doesn’t my numbered list have numbers?
Most likely, your theme is overriding the default styling of the LI (list item) element so that the number/bullet is hidden. This plugin does not include any CSS. However, the UL and OL have a class of ‘textlistconditional’ which you can target if required in your theme’s CSS.
- What about internationalisation?
All text strings are in the pgloggedintext domain. If you’d like to submit a translation, please do.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Logged In Conditional Text Widget” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Readme changes
- Logged in and Logged Out reuse same widget code, actually from the new third type which is a text widget without conditions.
- Shows title in editor when widget minimised
- Some labelling changes, e.g. now “Text/List”.
- Allows shortcodes
- Class on the UL and OL to assist CSS targeting
- Bugfix release (2014).
- First release (2011)