Grant (and revoke) specified roles at user login, based on their membership status in a SheepCRM membership database.
These roles can then be used for controlling access to member-only content.
User accounts are created and managed in WordPress. These are separate from SheepCRM. The WordPress user’s email address is used in a query against the people records in Sheep on login. The specified member role is granted (and non-member role revoked) if the email address matches a person in Sheep who has an active membership.
Conversely, if the user does not have an active membership their member role is removed and the non-member role granted.
Note that this plugin does not use Sheep user accounts for authentication. Please contact Tall Projects if you require additional functionality.
No changes to a user’s roles will be made in the (unlikely) event of any issues contacting Sheep or error responses returned. Users are still able to login but their roles won’t be updated.
Users with the
administrator role bypass this plugin. They are not checked against Sheep, nor are their roles changed.
This is an important and deliberate design consideration. It ensures your WordPress admin user(s) don’t inadvertently gain or lose roles, which could cause issues managing your site.
- Create a SheepCRM API key.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Go to Settings -> Sheep member authorisation.
- Enter your Sheep flock name (client account identifier), Sheep API key and choose the roles you wish to grant/revoke on login.
What happens if the user’s email address isn’t found in SheepCRM?
Nothing. The user will continue to log in as normal. Their account and roles are not altered.
I need online joining / renewals / member self-service… What can I do?
This plugin is a simple way to check if your existing WordPress users have an active membership in Sheep.
Deeper integrations between WordPress and SheepCRM are available. These include:
- Online joining and renewals
- Member self-service, including managing linked members on organisational memberships
- Using Sheep’s user accounts for authentication, automatically creating/updating WordPress user accounts for them as needed
- Event registration
- Form data capture to Sheep journal records
Please contact Tall Projects for more details.
Non ci sono recensioni per questo plugin.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Member authorisation for Sheep CRM” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
= 1.1 – 2020-05-20
- Performance enhancement: query is now made against the contact directory rather than person self-service API.
- Sheep query now uses Sheep’s case-insensitive matching operator.
= 1.0.5 – 2019-06-17
- New option to control timeout value for requests to Sheep.
= 1.0.4 – 2018-09-06
- Adjustment to Sheep email query. Now handles matches where a type label has been applied to the email address stored in Sheep.
1.0.3 – 2018-06-07
- Initial public release