Google offers some HTML snippets to embed your public Google Calendar into your website. These are great, but as soon as you want to make a few adjustments to the styling, that goes beyond changing some colors, they’re useless. Because of that I wrote a very simple widget, that fetches events from a public google calendar and nicely displays them in form of a widget, allowing you to apply all kinds of CSS. The source code should be quite easy to modify.
The plugin is published under the GPL v3. Previous versions (<= 0.2) did not
mention a license; this has been fixed in the latest trunk and will be
included in the next release version.
- pemrich (https://profiles.wordpress.org/pemrich/)
- Do the usual setup procedure… you know… downloading… unpacking… uploading… activating. Or just install it through the wordpress plugin directory.
- As soon as you activated the plugin, you should see a new widget under Design › Widgets. Just drag it into your sidebar.
- Fill out all the necessary configuration fields. Under Calendar ID enter the calendar ID displayed by Google Calendar. You can find it by going to Calendar settings › Calendars, clicking on the appropriate calendar, scrolling all the way down to “Calendar address”. There’s your calendar id.
- You’re done!
Contributi e sviluppo
“Simple Google Calendar Widget” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Traduci “Simple Google Calendar Widget” nella tua lingua.
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Esplora il Codice segui il Repository SVN iscriviti al Log delle Modifiche. Puoi farlo tramite RSS con un lettore di feed.
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Primo rilascio.
- Fix a bug with recurring events, thanks Atur for reporting
- Fix possible Fatal Error when adding the widget to the sidebar, thanks pwndrian for reporting and larcher for the suggested fix.
- The plugin now respects the time zone set for your wordpress instance (Settings > General > Time Zone).
- Quick fix for deprecated API. Note that this update removes the link to the Google Calendar detail view of events.
- Fix broken limit function
- Do not cache calendar data if fetching from Google servers failed