There are a lot of really well done, inclusive membership plugins out there… but sometimes they are overkill. Simple Members Area
allows you to setup a section of your site that logged in users can access in a matter of minutes.
The premise is simple, you create your “members area” by creating pages and saving them as “private.” Then you can choose which
private page your members should be redirected to upon login. Conceivably this page would have links to your other private pages
(if there are any.)
With this plugin you can have a default landing page or have a specific page for each user as well.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the ‘simple-members-area’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create a page that you’d like to be the landing page for your users and save it as “private”
- Add a user with the role of “member”
- Select the private page you just added as their login page
- You’re done! When the user logs in they will be redirected to the appropriate page
- Do pages have to be private?
Technically no, but then anyone can access them if they have the web address.
- How do I remove “PRIVATE” from the begining of the page title?
I’d recommend using the WordPress Helpers plugin
- Can I have an entire members section?
Absolutely. Create as many private pages as you’d like, then make one parent page that has links to all of them. Just
select the parent page as the users landing page.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Simple Members Area” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Traduci “Simple Members Area” nella tua lingua.
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Esplora il Codice segui il Repository SVN iscriviti al Log delle Modifiche. Puoi farlo tramite RSS con un lettore di feed.
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Initial release