Simple Vertical Timeline is a simple plugin that allow you to create a timeline in your Article or Page.
You can decide to add it via shortcode or via useful and simple buttons in your editor.
Follow me to discover this new feature for your your wordpress.
Quick start, your first timeline
I explain how to do the timeline with a simple example, the timeline of plugin! First to all we need to open a new Article or Page. In your “Visual editor” you can discovery 2 new buttons:
- The button “Simple Vertical Timeline”
- The button “Event for Simple Vertical Timeline”
The button “Simple Vertical Timeline” allow you to create the main vertical line were all of your events will be placed… so select one place on your article and click on this button: two new shortcode will be added in the palace selected. This is your first step! you have create the tempo line!
The button “Event for Simple Vertical Timeline” add a new event in the tempo line. It’s very easy, move the pointer into the new element already created and click on it. One dialog will ask you to decide the title, just a quick starting note, the date and the color of node in the time line.
The result is the same of previous button, one shortcode will be added on the place of mouse and the new event with all the information will be shown on the page
… IS IT ALL?
Yes and no, if you don’t want to customise the timeline, that’s all. But if you want you can try to customise the event as you want. Now all the short code are on place and it’s only up to you to add event or custom comment.
Icons Used Please refer to https://linearicons.com/free/license for the license.
Copyright 2012 Alessandro Staniscia (email : firstname.lastname@example.org)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as
published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
“Simple Vertical Timeline” can be installed using integrated WordPress plugin installer or manually.
Integrated WordPress plugin installer method
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Under Search, type in ’Simple Vertical Timeline’.
- Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
- A popup window will ask you to confirm your wish to install the Plugin.
- If this is the first time you’ve installed a WordPress Plugin, enter the FTP login credential information. If you’ve installed a Plugin before, it will still have the login information.
- Click Proceed to continue with the installation. The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
- Upload ’Simple Vertical Timeline’ folder from simple-vertical-timeline.zip file downloaded from Simple Vertical Timeline WordPress plugin directory page to the ’/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate ’Simple Vertical Timeline’ plugin through the ’Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Simple Vertical Timeline” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Traduci “Simple Vertical Timeline” nella tua lingua.
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Esplora il Codice segui il Repository SVN iscriviti al Log delle Modifiche. Puoi farlo tramite RSS con un lettore di feed.
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- FIX – Not correctly displayed on my site
- FIX – Parse Error on activation
- Added Linear Icons for share and future use
- ITA translation
- Added anchor foreach event
- New share icons
- Removed the auto date fill
- New settings page with help
- new the “more” button on event
- WP 4.6 ready
- Baseline to Release