Adds a sidebar widget containing a subtle list of all your social homes as linked favicons.
Version 3.x of Social Homes allows you to add any link you want, so the list of available services is endless. Just add a name and a URL and Social Homes will fetch the page’s favicon and create the link automatically!
- If you leave the name field as the default ‘Service Name’, Social Homes will fetch the page’s title and use that as a name.
- If you uncheck the box next to a service, that service will not appear on your blog but the data will stay saved in the database.
- To delete an entry, clear out the address box and save your changes.
It was pointed out to me that version 3.0 erased all the previous settings, which is frustrating for those of you who have already set everything up. Check out the FAQ for a fix to this problem.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
- You need to have the Sidebar Widgets plugin installed.
- You need to use a theme that supports Sidebar Widgets such as the WordPress 2.0 Default Theme (Kubrick), the Classic Theme, K2, …
- Put the ‘socialhomes.php’ file in ‘wp-content/plugins/widgets/’.
- Activate the Social Homes widget on the ‘Plugins/Plugin Management’ admin page.
- Add the Social Homes widget to a sidebar on the ‘Design/Widgets’ admin page.
- Configure the Social Homes services by clicking the ‘Edit’ button next to the Social Homes name on the ‘Design/Widgets’ admin page.
- The order in which you configure the services is the order in which they will appear on the sidebar.
- Can you add support for XXX ?
As of version 3.0, Social Homes should work with any service. Let me know if you are having any problems.
- I just installed version 3.0 and it erased all my settings!
Sorry about that, this is something I overlooked and just forgot to add to the release. This problem is fixed with version 3.1, which will import your previous settings into the new system. If you installed version 3.0 and want your data back, you can roll back to version 2.5 and copy the info from there, then upgrade to 3.0 and re-add all your data. If you don’t know how to do this, you can also send me an e-mail with your usernames and the services you used and it will be my pleasure to generate the full URLs for you.
- I have a suggestion/comment/complaint.
E-mail me at ez[at]silentlycrashing[dot]net to let me know.
Non ci sono recensioni per questo plugin.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Social Homes” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori