WP-Thumbnail is a simple and neat WordPress Plugin that not only allows you to use a short-code to generate dynamic
screenshot of webpages in your posts but also takes a realtime snapshot of the served webpage and saves a link to it
on the page itself that too without burdening the servers. This helps in optimizing search results on Google by adding
a thumbnail to the left of the search result snippet and makes shared posts more attractive, with a relevant thumbnails,
on Social Sites like Facebook.
For more information, check out wp-thumbnail.robocasters.com.
- Short-Code – The plugin has a shortcode that enables you to add dynamic screenshots of webpages to your post.
- Meta Thumbnail – It uses meta name thumbnail and adds the live screenshot in it for being displayed as a thumbnail in Google Searches.
- PageMaps – PageMaps is a structured data format that provides Google with information about the data on a page. It enables website creators to embed data and notes in webpages.
- Facebook OG:Image – It sets image with content og:image to the top priority for being used as a Facebook Post thumbnail.
- WP-Thumbnail Class – It adds a WP-Thumbnail class that helps image to be used for all other sharing purposes.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
/wp-content/plugins/directory or directly use the WordPress upload feature.
- Activate the plugin.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ link.
- Go through the documentation once.
- You know what you have to do.
- Why the shortcode is not working and refreshing?
It works in all cases. The possible problem is that you are not using ‘http’ or ‘https’ protocols.
- Why there is no thumbnail on Google Searches?
The Google bots take sometime to refresh the contents. I depends on your site status. I might take a day or a month.
- Why I shows-up generating the preview image on Facebook?
I may happen sometime because Facebook script is delicate and ‘sometimes’ time-out before the rendering (seen on slow connections).
Non ci sono recensioni per questo plugin.
Contributi e sviluppo
“WP-Thumbnail” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Traduci “WP-Thumbnail” nella tua lingua.
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Esplora il Codice segui il Repository SVN iscriviti al Log delle Modifiche. Puoi farlo tramite RSS con un lettore di feed.
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Fixed the Facebook thumbnail problem, now not only you can use the dynamic webshot but can also use other images tagged to the webpage.