XV Random Quotes helps you collect and display random quotes everywhere on your blog. The plugin is so flexible that it can be used to display random words of all sorts: taglines, “leave a response” messages, footer or header sections etc.
It’s based on the work of previous (abandoned) plugins: Stray Quotes Z, which was based on top of Stray Quotes, which was based on top of ZombieRobot’s Random Quotes.
The main features:
- As many widgets as you need, each with its individual set of options, to display one or more quotes from all or some categories, randomly or in sequence, with or without AJAX, etc.
- AJAX automation so a reader of the blog can get another quote without reloading the page.
- Optional automatic rotation of the quotes within a given interval of seconds.
- Multiuser ready (contributors to the blog can access a limited version of the plugin, adding and managing their own sets of quotes)
- Shortcodes that can be used to add one quote or series of quotes to your posts and pages. The shortcodes come with a set of individual options as well and, if needed, they can be extended to apply everywhere on the blog, allowing random words for the tagline, the category names, the post titles etc.
- Template tags to add one or more quotes — random words in general — directly to the template pages. Template tags support many variables as well.
- A Settings page to customize the appearance of the quotes with little or no knowledge of HTML.
- A easy to use management page where even thousands of quotes can be handled easily, with bulk actions to change category, delete quotes and toggle visibility of many quotes at a time.
- A bookmarklet to create quotes on the fly as you browse the web and find text worth quoting.
- A help page where everything you need to know is explained.
- For main development of Stray Quotes, Ico
- For Multi-widget functionality, Millian’s tutorial
- For help in developing user-end AJAX functionality, AgentSmith
- For search functionality and bugfixing, Sergey Sirotkin
- German, thanks to Markus Griesbach
- Chinese, thanks to WGMking
- Croatian, thanks to Rajic
- Danish, thanks to Georg
Actually, these translations are not updated to the latest version.
I am looking for new localizers, all languages welcome!
Please note: the best way to submit new or updated translations is to send me a direct link to the localization files in the contact page of my website. This way the files are made available to the users sooner, and without waiting for a new release.
Please note: If you want to create a localized copy of XV Random Quotes, consider skipping the help page and translate the rest. This will save you quite some time. The help page has a lot of text.
- Search keyword is reset when bulk actions are executed or display criteria is changed.
- International button labels (search, reset) are not implemented.
- Upload the content of stray-quotes.zip to a dedicated folder in your
- Activate the plugin on the ‘Plugins’ page in WordPress.
- XV Random Quotes has its own menu. Check the overview page in “Quotes” > “Overview”. All the rest will come naturally.
Please note: If you are not automatically upgrading via WordPress, always deactivate the older version first and delete the old ‘stray-quotes’ folder. It is not normally necessary to backup the quotes in the database unless so advised in the changelog or on the plugin feed.
Contributi e sviluppo
“XV Random Quotes” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)