Intended users: Template Designers, Developer
The problem with editing the template directly is if you ever update the template, your changes will be lost. This plugin works around this issue.
Plugin Icon (CC BY 3.0) by DeniShop
Via your Blog’s install plugin option
- Click the big ‘Install Plugin’ button in the plugin description window
If you have a single file (ending in “.zip”), then use this method.
- From the plugins, add new, click on the upload button
- Navigate to where the .zip file is located and select it
- Make sure to activate the plugin once it is installed
If you have multiple files in a directory, use this method.
- Upload the entire directory (not just the files) to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Q. Why aren’t my codes being added to the absolute end of the head?
Another plugin or the theme is adding their own codes to the head after this plugin runs.
Yes, but you may easily get confused and mess up your whole site. It is better to learn the code first before you use this plugin.
Q. Help! I messed up my whole site!
Disable the plugin. If your site is still messed up, then there’s some other problem.
Q. I disabled your plugin and the problem went away. Now what?
The problem lies in whatever you typed/pasted into this plugin’s option screen. If you’re really stuck, then try clearing out the code and starting over.
Q. Help! I accidentally erased the code and I didn’t mean to do that.
Similar to how widgets work, that data is stored in your database. If you made a backup before you deleted the data, then you can restore it that way, otherwise it is gone.
Q. How do I apply code to only a certain page or pages?
Right now you cannot. If there is sufficient demand, then we’ll add it.
Q. Can I ask for additional functionality?
Contributi e sviluppo
“Add Code To Head” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Tested compatibility up to WP 5.7.2
- Reformatted script: converted tabs to spaces
- Tested compatibility up to WP 4.6.1
- Name changed to (hopefully) reduce confusion.
- Screenshot updated
- Compatibility with latest WordPress
- Readme file added
- Original release