Awesome Support is the most versatile and feature-rich support plugin for WordPress. It is the only helpdesk & support ticketing plugin that can match the feature set of an SAAS solution such as Zendesk or Helpscout.
And your customers can be using it in just 5 mins! After installing and activating the plugin, just answer a few questions in the startup wizard and your helpdesk will be ready for your customers.
Take a product tour in the video below where you can see the extensive list of free and premium features that will be available on your new helpdesk! You can also go hands-on with the Live Demo or scroll down to the bottom of this page for screen shots.
For premium one-on-one support or pre-sales questions please visit the official site.
What does it do?
Check out the user-friendly features of this awesome plugin:
- Ticketing: users can submit tickets from the front-end, and your agents respond to them from the WordPress back-end
- Import: Import tickets from Zendesk, Helpscout and Ticksy using our free importer add-on – makes for a seamless transition to your new helpdesk
- E-mail notifications: relevant parties are notified of certain actions by e-mail, and all e-mails are customizable. Choose from a selection of six email notifications (new ticket, reply to agent, reply to client etc.)
- Restricted access: all correspondence is private between the client and the agents (unless the PUBLIC TICKETS premium add-on is installed and configured)
- File upload: you control when files can be uploaded, how many files, and how large they are
- Multiple products: provide support for as many products as you want; synchronize product lists with popular e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)
- Multiple departments: provide support for multiple departments
- Custom fields: easily set up additional custom fields on your ticket forms (and our premium Custom Fields add-on offers even more convenience). Choose from 13 field types, control where they show up (front-end, back-end, ticket list, ticket form etc.) and decide who can view them.
- Terms & conditions: ask users to agree to your your terms and conditions before they open a ticket
- Old tickets: identify old tickets quickly with tags; limit your viewable ticket list to only show old tickets with just a couple of clicks
- Tickets waiting on you: Quickly see all tickets still waiting for a reply – two clicks is all it takes to limit your ticket list to only those tickets!
- Agent Collaboration: multiple agents can work on the same ticket and tickets can be transferred between agents; assign primary, secondary and tertiary agents to tickets while retaining the flexibility to transfer a ticket to any other agent.
- Sorting And Filtering: includes an amazing flexible sorting, filtering and tagging system for your tickets
- Security: assign just the right capabilities to each of your agents including just the ability to see their own tickets or expand to see everyone’s tickets – your choice!
- Tracking: easily track where a ticket originated (support form, email, facebook, phone call etc.)
- Prioritize your way: create your own priority scheme – you don’t have to get locked into a 1-5 priority scheme!
- Time Tracking: basic time tracking is included! Admins can even adjust time and all time changes are logged directly in the ticket.
- Custom Labels: sign up for our email newsletter and get our Custom Status plugin for free – unlimited color coded, customized statuses and ticket labels at your fingertips! Combined with priorities and tags you have the ultimate system for categorizing and tracking your tickets!
- WordPress UI: Uses the familiar WordPress administration user interface so there is almost no learning curve! And, because we respect the WordPress UI standards you can use any 3rd party styling tool to create the look you want (see the screenshots section for examples)
- REST API: We love it when developers use our products. The REST API is very developer friendly – push and pull Awesome Support ticket data with ease!
- GDPR READY: Our registration screen can be easily configured to show GDPR related information
- GUTENBERG AWARE: Compatible with the new WordPress editor known as Gutenberg
- WOOCOMMERCE INTEGRATION: Includes integration into the WooCommerce dashboard along with a premium option for advanced integration
Awesome Support is the result of three+ years of work, research, and improvement. It is probably the most powerful helpdesk and support ticketing plugin on the planet. Whether you’re a startup that needs just the basics or a major corporation with multiple departments requiring service level agreements and sophisticated ticket routing, we have the functions you need! Seriously – just take a look at all the features you can get (some free, some premium)
View the full list of features on our website
- Unlimited Tickets (Free)
- Unlimited Agents (Free)
- Unlimited Users (Free)
- Unlimited Products (Free)
- Unlimited Departments (Free)
- Unlimited Tags (Free)
- Unlimited Custom Priorities With Color-coding (Free)
- Unlimited Channels (Free)
- Unlimited Custom Statuses/Labels With Color-coding (Free)
- Unlimited Custom Fields (Free)
- Private Tickets (Free)
- Agents can create tickets on behalf of users (Free)
- Agents can view only their tickets or all tickets (Free)
- Agents can receive e-mail notifications by email for ticket events such as new ticket, reply to ticket etc. (Free)
- Users can receive e-mail notifications by email for ticket events such as new ticket, reply to ticket etc. (Free)
- Agents can respond to tickets using email (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Users can respond to tickets using email (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Multiple agents can work on the same ticket (Free)
- Transfer tickets from one primary agent to another (Free)
- Internal notes on ticket (Premium: Private notes add-on)
- Users can open tickets by email (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Notify agents of ticket events via SLACK (Premium: Notifications add-on)
- Notify agents of ticket events via SMS (Premium: Notifications add-on)
- Notify third parties of ticket events via email (Premium: Notifications add-on)
- Create custom notifications for status based custom change events (Premium: Notifications add-on)
- Allow or deny users from reopening closed tickets by email (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Options for handling unrecognized email addresses including rejection of email or adding new accounts (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Retrieve new tickets from multiple inboxes (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Set rules to govern priority, status and default agent assignment based on which inbox a message was received in. Great for VIP clients, product promotions or multiple department ticket handling (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Set rules to govern email handling based on the content of emails or who the email is from. (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Create custom email commands that can be used via replying to email to close tickets, reassign to agents, escalate priorities etc. (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Configure email templates for email notifications (Free)
- Automatic round-robin assignment of tickets to agents based on their current ticket load (Free)
- Assign tickets to agents based on departments and products (Premium: Smart Agent add-on)
- Assign tickets to agents based on working hours (Premium: Smart Agent)
- Five intelligent agent assignment algorithms (Premium: Smart Agent add-on)
- Automatically close old tickets (Premium: Automatic Ticket Close add-on)
- Send multiple warning messages before closing old tickets (Premium: Automatic Ticket Close add-on)
- Create multiple workflows for handling abandoned or old tickets based on status (Premium: Automatic Ticket Close add-on)
- Create one-click replies for common questions (Premium: Canned Response add-on)
- Create FAQs and assign them to one or more pages (Premium: FAQ add-on)
- Use FAQs to quickly reply to tickets (Premium: FAQ add-on)
- Create an FAQ from a ticket reply (Premium: FAQ add-on)
- Reply to a ticket and create an FAQ in on step (Premium: FAQ add-on)
- Use any custom post type as an FAQ to respond to tickets (Premium: Custom FAQ add-on)
- Secure vault to store sensitive credentials such as user ids and passwords (Premium: Private Credentials add-on)
- Delete sensitive data stored on the ticket when the ticket is closed (Premium: Private Credentials add-on)
- Quickly identify open tickets with sensitive data (Premium: Private Credentials add-on)
- Send out satisfaction surveys after a ticket is closed (Premium: Satisfaction Survey add-on)
- Configure every element of the satisfaction survey (Premium: Satisfaction Survey add-on)
- Set an admin-defined delay before sending surveys just in case the user needs to reopen the ticket (Premium: Satisfaction Survey add-on)
- Allow one-click option in emails to close and rate a ticket (Premium: Satisfaction Survey add-on)
- Integrate with WooCommerce (Premium: WooCommerce add-on)
- Integrate with Easy Digital Downloads (Premium: EDD add-on)
- Integrate with Envato (Premium: Envato Validation add-on)
- Define custom fields using a little bit of PHP code (Free)
- Define custom fields using a nice GUI (Premium: Custom Fields Add-on)
- Define 10+ custom field types (Free and Premium)
- Create simple and complex custom ticket forms with Gravity Forms (Premium: Gravity Forms add-on)
- Push data to Zapier and 100+ apps (Premium: Business Rules Engine)
- Create sophisticated ticket handling rules (Premium: Business Rules Engine)
- Make tickets public so users can search for solutions before submitting tickets (Premium: Public Tickets add-on)
- Allow attachments to tickets (Free)
- Control the number of attachments allowed per ticket (Free)
- Control the file types allowed for attachments (Free)
- Control the maximum filesize allowed for attachments (Free)
- Off-load attachments to the “cloud” (Premium: Filestack add-on)
- Drag-and-drop attachments to tickets (Premium: Filestack add-on)
- Lock tickets so that users cannot reopen them (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Merge tickets when users submit multiple tickets (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Split tickets when users submit multiple questions in the same ticket thread (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Set ticket limits to prevent users abusing your free support (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Allow agents to create multiple signatures and choose one for each reply (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- 8+ report widgets for your WordPress admin dashboard (Premium: Report Widgets add-on)
- Hundreds of custom reports (Premium: Reports and Statistics)
- Save custom reports (Premium: Reports and Statistics)
- Share custom reports with other agents (Premium: Reports and Statistics)
- Create support notes for each customer visible to agents on tickets (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Agents can create personal notes visible only to themselves and admins (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Agents can create todos visible only to themselves and admins (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Admins can create a shared hotlist of urgent tickets for all agents (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Agents can create favorite lists of tickets (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Agents can create and use multiple signatures (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Use one-click close links in client emails to make it easier to close tickets (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Set unlimited notification email addresses for clients and agents ((Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Set unlimited interested third parties for each ticket, any of whom can be notified (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Apply custom CSS on selected pages such as Registration, View Tickets etc. (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Add unlimited email addresses to a ticket, any of which can be notified of ticket events (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Track time on each ticket (Free)
- Automatically track time on each ticket and for each reply (Premium: Advanced Time Tracking add-on)
- Generate invoice reports for time tracking (Premium: Advanced Time Tracking add-on)
- Set and use multiple rates for each client, agent or ticket (Premium: Advanced Time Tracking add-on)
- Robust security integrated with WordPress Capabilities (Free)
- Customize the types of tickets your agents can view (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Custom labels for certain fields such as priority, departments etc. (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Charge users for support tickets (Premium: Paid Support For WooCommerce)
- Allow users to set up paid subscriptions for support (Premium: Paid Support For WooCommerce)
- Allow admins to configure paid support products – one-off tickets, subscription by time or subscription by number of tickets (Premium: Paid Support For WooCommerce)
- Prevent users from opening a support ticket unless they have a paid account (Premium: Paid Support For WooCommerce)
- Provide beautiful documentation for your end users (Premium: Documentation)
- Use documentation topics to quickly reply to tickets (Premium: Documentation)
- Show users relevant documentation topics as they attempt to open a new ticket (Premium: Documentation)
- Create new documentation as you reply to tickets (Premium: Documentation)
- Install a HELP/TICKETS button on any number of remote sites that tie back to your master site (Premium: Remote Tickets)
- Automatically reply to messages sent by Facebook users via FB Messenger (Premium: Smart Replies)
- Automatically reply to new tickets with relevant documentation and FAQ links (Premium: Smart Replies)
- Install a chatbot on your site (Premium: Smart Replies)
- Automatically set due dates based on rules for each customer (Premium: Service Level Agreements)
- Easily manage multiple tickets related to the same issue (Premium: Issue Tracking)
- REST API (Free: Rest API)
- Synchronize your product list with WooCommerce (Free)
- Add a SUBMIT TICKET and MY TICKETS link directly in the WooCommerce dashboard (Free)
- Synchronize your product list with Easy Digital Downloads (Free)
- Verify user email address using Mailgun (Free)
- Use a 3rd party custom login page (Free)
- Use TeamViewer chat among your agents directly from inside your ticket pages (Free)
- Allow or deny user registration on the login page (Free)
- Translation ready (Free)
- Priority Support (Premium)
- Many more features – just check out our website for a listing of all 25+ add-ons!
Now that you’ve seen our list of awesome features above, you already know that Awesome Support is packed with features; so if you want to supercharge your support and make it even more awesome, make sure you pick up our premium add-ons so you can extend the plugin’s functionality even further! All of our add-ons are extremely affordable (they’re a fraction of the cost of a web-based application). To check them out, visit our official site at getawesomesupport.com.
- E-Mail Piping – reply to tickets and collaborate on tickets using just e-mail. Includes built-in options to control how to handle unrecognized email addresses, responses to closed tickets and much more!
- Custom Fields – a visual helper for adding custom fields to your tickets. Add unlimited fields and choose from 13 different field types!
- Paid Support – charge users for using your support services. Create subscriptions by time (monthly for example) or number of tickets (10 tickets per month for example) or bill for every individual ticket.
- WooCommerce – this is a must-have bridge between your WooCommerce store and Awesome Support
- Powerpack – Adds 30+ powerful additional functions to Awesome Support. Merge/split/lock tickets. Use new template tags in your outgoing emails. Add private notes for each customer. Create todos and hotlists at a global or agent level. Set default content for certain ticket fields. Change Label text. Add agent signatures. Use invisible Captcha. Add multiple email addresses for users, agents and even tickets. Create and save ticket filters. Fine tune your security and so much more!
- Canned Responses – preconfigure replies to common questions, and access them in one click when replying to a ticket
- Gravity Forms – create custom ticket forms with this very popular WordPress forms builder
- Private Notes – insert notes into tickets that only agents and admins can view
- FAQs – Powerful FAQ management make your agents more productive
- Notifications – get notified of important events in slack and via pushbullet. Notify third parties of important ticket events via email.
- Custom Status and Labels – create unlimited custom labels that give you new levels of organization for your tickets
- Advanced Reports and Statistics – create hundreds of custom charts and tables from a base of 6 core reports
- Admin Report Widgets – More than a dozen customizable widgets with key statistics on your WordPress dashboard!
- Advanced Time Tracking – Track and record time down to the reply level using automatic or manual timers. Export data for invoicing. View critical time and billing reports.
- Auto Close – Close tickets automatically based on defined rules. This is especially useful in managing abandoned tickets.
- Private Credentials – Adds another security layer to your tickets so that users can securely enter passwords and other sensitive credentials onto a ticket
- Satisfaction Survey – Conduct suveys to see how your agents are performing. Extremely customizable with multiple survey types and methods!
- Public Tickets – Use your tickets to create a searchable archive of solutions. Assign public/private control over tickets and replies to customers, agents or both and display public tickets in multiple layouts!
- Guest Tickets – Allow new users to enter their first ticket without the separate step of creating an account. Combine this with Email Support, Powerpack and Satisfaction Survey to create a solution where customers never have to log into your ticket system!
- Smart Agent Assignment – Have multiple agents with multiple departments and/or multiple products? Use this to automatically route new tickets to the correct agent using a choice of 5 sophisticated algorithms!
- Documentation – A powerful documentation add-on that integrates tightly with your Awesome Support ticketing system. Includes a beautiful default layout and automatically suggests relevant topcis as users fill out a new ticket!
- Remote Tickets – Adds a pop-up ticket form to one or more remote websites. Quickly and easily funnel tickets from all your websites to one core support site!
- Smart Replies – Automatically respond to messages received from Facebook Messenger, Custom Site Chat and New Tickets. Provides intelligent answers and integrates with Google’s DialogFlow (API.ai) and Google’s Natural Langugage API for even more powerful AI smarts!
- Service Level Agreements – Calculate ticket due dates automatically using rules set for each customer. This will take into account holidays, weekends, working hours and more.
- Issue Tracking – Easily manage multiple related tickets. Very useful for product recalls, bug tracking, system-down situations and more. Now, managing hundreds of support tickets related to the same problem is no problem for you at all!
- Custom FAQ – Use any WordPress custom post type as your FAQ source. Tightly integrates your selected CPT with Awesome Support and uses it to automatically offer topic suggestions to users as they fill out a new ticket form.
- Business Rules Engine With Zapier Integration – Powerful rules engine for your tickets. Automatically respond to tickets, change status, close tickets, send data to 3rd party systems via Zapier and more!
- Company Profiles – Allow multiple users from the same company to manage a single pool of tickets.
- Scheduled Tickets – Create recurring tickets on daily/weekly/monthly/annual schedules
- Agent Front End – Allow untrusted agents to manage their tickets without access to wp-admin. This highly restrictive access to tickets is perfect for vendors and other help-desk non-employee support collaborators.
Additional extensions such as EDD (integration with Easy Digital Downloads), Envato (Integration with code-canyon/envato) and Filestack (offloads attachments to the cloud) bring even more power to Awesome Support.
Purchase one of our bundles and get up to an 80% discount compared to purchasing individual add-ons.
- Startup Bundle – A 50% discount on the 5 most common add-ons for unlimited sites
- Standard Bundle – A discount of 20%-60% on the 8 most common add-ons (discount level depends on number of site licenses purchased)
- Professional Bundle – A discount of 45%-70% on the add-ons most useful for e-commerce sites (discount level depends on number of site licenses purchased)
- Enterprise Bundle – A discount of 50%-70% on the most common add-ons used in larger businesses.
- Agency Bundle – A discount of 55%-80% on a bundle of almost all our add-ons. You get an even bigger discount if you purchase this package without the option for technical support!
Awesome Support was built to be compatible with 99% of all existing themes, both free and commercial. It’s “plug & play” – all settings and templates are automatically switched on as soon as you click the “Activate” button, so you can get started with providing support straight away.
Awesome Support provides an optimized viewing experience for easy reading and navigation with minimal resizing, panning, and scrolling. Do your clients regularly submit tickets on the go? Awesome Support is responsive, so they’ll enjoy a seamless experience from the convenience of their mobile phone (provided the theme you use is also responsive).
Version 5 of Awesome Support was built with flexibility in mind; the code is clean, well-documented and full of hooks. You can easily customize Awesome Support to do almost anything you want or need.
Awesome Support is built with many reputable open-source projects including the FlexBox Grid for certain styling elements, BootStrap 4 for optional themes, Simple Hint for tool tips and a few others.
Awesome Support is available in a variety of languages and volunteers and customers are always adding more! Portions of the plugin have been translated into 20+ languages by our users and volunteers. These include German, Portuguese(BR), Arabic, Chinese, French, Italian, Persian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish and more!
Do you want to translate Awesome Support in your language? Head over to the POEditor.com Project! Alternatively you can translate Awesome Support right here on WordPress.org – Translate Awesome Support on WordPress.org .
Don’t see your language? Let us know which one you would like and we will add it for you!
Learn how to download and use translations from POEDITOR.com
Do you use WPML and POLYLANG?
We provide extensive instructions on how to configure WPML and POLYLANG when using Awesome Support.
Want to know what’s next for Awesome Support? Check out the roadmap. You can also vote for the ideas you like best!
Need to extend Awesome Support’s features? We have lots of add-ons to help you setup the perfect support site. Check out our add-ons page.
Even though the plugin has been developed and is maintained by the Awesome Support development team, we’ve had help from various developers around the world. You can see all the contributors on the team page. Many thanks to them all!
Our key core developers on the Awesome Support Development Team in 2018 include:
- Ante Laca
- Muhammad Tahir Nazir
- Nigel Bahadur
With contributions from customers such as:
- Rolly Bueno
- Naveen Giri
- Nathan Moinvaziri
Here is a list of users who voluntarily contributed the most translations to our POEDITOR project in 2017/2021:
- Miquel Martínez – Catalan
- Samer Haddad – Arabic
- Paul Hecko – Portuguese
- Thiago Rocon Kuwabara – Portuguese
- Denison Carlos – Portuguese (Brazil)
- Davey Hurkmans – Dutch
We had over 25 users contribute to the various language projects but these were the top 6 with the most translation activity. On behalf of all our users we would like to publicly offer a heart-felt Thank You for their hard work and contribution to the Free Awesome Support core project!
Related Companies Disclosure
Awesome Support now manages the newly released Simple-Press Forums Plugin as well.
Questo plugin fornisce 2 blocchi.
- My Tickets
- Submit Ticket
Using The WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard
- Search for ‘Awesome Support’
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin on the Plugin dashboard
Uploading in WordPress Dashboard
awesome-support.zipfrom this page
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Upload’ area
awesome-support.zipfrom your computer
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
awesome-support.zipfrom this page
- Extract the
awesome-supportdirectory to your computer
- Upload the
awesome-supportdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
Whatever the method you used, after you activated the plugin through the plugins dashboard, the setup is done silently in the background.
Two new pages will be added to your site:
- I miei biglietti
- Submit ticket
Add those two pages to your menu in order to give your users easy access to their support area.
I’ve installed the plugin – now what?
Now you can read our post installation instructions or watch the installation videos
Weird or scrambled UI in wp-admin on the ticket screen after upgrading to 5.0
This can happen because old JS and CSS files are cached in your browser. On most browsers you can use the CTRL-F5 key on any Awesome Support page to force a full refresh.
This happens because new WordPress custom security capabilities were introduced in version 4.0.0 of Awesome Support. Read this FAQ on our site to learn how adjust your system for these new security items.
I get a blank page after ticket submission
This is most likely a permalinks issue. What you need to do is log into your WordPress admin, go to Settings > Permalinks and hit the Save button. You don’t actually need to change anything, just hitting Save will refresh your permalinks structure, including the new
The plugin data isn’t removed from the database after uninstall
If you want to delete the plugin and all of its data, you need to go to the Advanced tab in the plugin settings and check the Delete Data option. Only then the data will be removed from the database during the uninstall process.
Users get “You do not have the capacity to open a new ticket”
Normally, when a user registers through the plugin, he/she is given the role Support User. This role has special capabilities.
If your users get the error message “You do not have the capacity to open a new ticket”, it means that they don’t have the special capabilities. This can happen when you install into an existing site and your users already have a role assigned.
Here you have two choices:
- Change all your users’ role to Support User
- Give the role you want to use (eg. Subscriber) the special capabilities
If you don’t know how to add new capabilities to a role, we suggest you use a plugin like User Role Manager and give the desired role the following capabilities:
Do not give your users more than those 5 capabilities, otherwise they could get administrative privileges.
How to disable agent auto-assignment
If you need to disable the auto-assignment function and hence have all new tickets assigned to the default agent (set in the plugin general settings), you can add this constant in your theme’s
define( 'WPAS_DISABLE_AUTO_ASSIGN', true );
How to set the product field as mandatory?
If you have enabled multi-products support and want to make the “Product” field in the submission form mandatory, just add the following code snippet to your theme’s
functions.phpfile: https://gist.github.com/julien731/a519956ce9c81542439c. Alternatively, if you don’t want to mess with code you can pick up our POWERPACK add-on where you can tick a box to turn this feature on.
How to change the tickets slug?
By default, all tickets will be accessed through a URL of the type domain.com/ticket/my-ticket-title.
If you wish to change the slug
ticketto something else, let’s say
help, so that your URLs look like domain.com/help/my-ticket-title, you need to add a constant in your theme’s
functions.phpfile as follows:
define( 'WPAS_SLUG', 'my_new_slug' );
I don’t receive e-mail notifications
There are several factors that can influence e-mail notifications delivery. Please read this article for details: https://getawesomesupport.com/email-notifications-awesome-support-wordpress/
Contributi e sviluppo
“Awesome Support – WordPress HelpDesk & Support Plugin” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
“Awesome Support – WordPress HelpDesk & Support Plugin” è stato tradotto in 8 lingue. Grazie ai traduttori per i loro contributi.
Traduci “Awesome Support – WordPress HelpDesk & Support Plugin” nella tua lingua.
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Esplora il Codice segui il Repository SVN iscriviti al Log delle Modifiche. Puoi farlo tramite RSS con un lettore di feed.
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
* Fixed security vulnerability
* When activating Client tickets add-on with Version 6.1.0 SHOW EMPTY notice
* Fixed security vulnerability
* Errors when Awesome Support and WooCommerce are Enabled on PHP version 8.x
* Conflict with Email Support Add-on
* SSL verify throw warnings
* Registration form did not remember completed fields. Now these fields are saved properly
* Now all the ticket with the “Awaiting for Reply” status filter are displayed
* Fixed login issue with the Guest tickets add-on on PHP 8.0
* fileinfo.dll extension not enable on server caused Drap-dop file not working
* New Feature
* You can show the image attached on the ticket, in the print file.
- 3984879 – GAS conflict with Download Monitor (Plugin)
- 3946543 – Error occurs when applying Close Filter
- 3862319 – Backslashes lost in Ticket body
- 3919242 – JS deprecated messages
- It’s not possible to edit a ticket submission or reply in the back end.
- Reset filter button issue
- Invalid ticket ID a tag url in list
- Stability vulnerability
- #652: Arbitrary expressions in empty are allowed in PHP 5.5 only
- Fixed security vulnerability
- Fixed Fixed Error message format
- Fixed Fixed Tutorial message format
- Fixed security vulnerability
- Fixed custom fields check box issue
- Fixed Mail Editor Problem
- Fixed security vulnerability
- This version won’t work with older versions of the listed add-ons
- Awesome Support: Agent Front-end
- Awesome Support: Auto Close
- Awesome Support: Company Profiles
- Awesome Support: Documentation & Knowledgebase
- Awesome Support: E-Mail Support
- Awesome Support: FAQ
- Awesome Support: Issue Tracking
- Awesome Support: Service Level Agreements
- Awesome Support: Smart Replies Powered by AI and Machine Learning
- Awesome Support: Tasks and Todos
- Fixed security vulnerability
- Fixed Urgent security vulnerability
- Fixed typo in agent_last_name
- Fixed reply vulnerability
- Added translate Ticket Type
- Added msg file type to allow upload attachment
- Updated Bootstrap4Themes
- Fixed Urgent security vulnerability vendor
- Fixed Urgent security vulnerability
- Fixed user permissions for close_ticket
- Fixed check the header hasn’t been sent for calling session_set_save_handler()
- Fixed Urgent security vulnerability
- Fixed Vulnerability Reflected Cross-Site Scripting on load preview
- Fixed ticket filters in the portrait mobile view
- Fixed unslash content before display
- Custom code request for the wp_editor
- Fixed Fixed redeclare formatbytes method
- Bump path-parse from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7
- Bump hosted-git-info from 2.8.8 to 2.8.9
- Fixed get users with include and exclude args
- Typo fix: correct “rely” to “reply” in email templates
- Fixed not possible to edit ticket in the back end
- Fixed corrupted files when downloading attachments
- Mobile view optimisation
- Fixed IDOR Vulnerability
- Fixed custom field validation error message.
- Fixed illegal offset type message on the ticket list
- Fixed a backslash showing when should not in emails
- Correction of Product Sync
- Session Manager fix
- Security update applied
- Minor corrections
- Fixed the issue with the session_start() function call
- Fixed the conflict with the Agent Front End add-on in PHP 7.4
- There was a color picker error message shown in the wp-admin interface.
- Sanitize posts and fix SQL injections
- Ticket Types
- Option To Suppress Closing Emails To Customer
- myCRED Integration
- Ticket Form Redirect
- Product Syncing – Control Which Product Statuses Should Be Synced
- Notifications Button For Single Ticket Screen
- Ticket Templates
- Time Fields on Front-End
- When editing a customer response on a ticket, the response was not saved in the text tab.
- Continue 2 Warning Messages were fixed.
- Fixed some functions that generated Deprecated Notices
- A user was able to see the ticket title of other users in the front end.
- When clicking on the “Mine” Tickets in the back end, the list was empty.
- YouTube URLs where not show when adding them to a ticket reply.
- Path to front-end style-sheet was sometimes incorrect – resulting in an un-styled front-end.
- Restore the ability to load the style.css from the theme folder if it exists.
- The flag that controls whether the end user can set the auto-delete-attachment checkbox was not being respected when opening tickets.
- The flag that controls whether the end user can set the auto-delete-attachment checkbox was not being respected when replying to tickets – but only doing so when the overall auto-delete-attachment flag was turned off.
- Removed a header from the general settings tab that was unnecessary (no child items existed for it).
- Do not blindly set the wpas_default_channels_added option if the channel taxonomy does not yet exist. This can happen if the taxonomy is not enabled for some reason.
- Product Syncing: Make sure that fewer products show up in the product taxonomy without a description
- Product Syncing: Clean up some odd syncing logic
- Gutenberg/block editor translation process has changed so had to change our Gutenberg block code to accommodate.
- Ensure that all custom taxonomies have their “back to items” item set properly. Before, every custom taxonomy would say “back to categories” when a taxonomy item was edited and saved.
- Remove a close link in the ticket reply area if the agent does not have the ‘close_ticket’ capability set.
- The “can be assigned” field was not showing up unless the agent was a WP administrator. We’re now using the wpas_is_asadmin() function to qualify who can see this field.
- The departments options was not showing up in the user profile unless the agent was a WP administrator. We’re now using the wpas_is_asadmin() function to qualify who can see this field.
- Do not load the editor script on all wp-admin pages – only load on our pages.
- Added schemas to some REST API routes that didn’t have them
- Using latest release version of the Titan Framework (1.12.1) This results in some slight UI changes to the settings screen – especially drop-downs that now use SELECT2 boxes by default.
- File-Uploader Class – Make sure a required function exists before using it. (For some reason sometimes it does not, especially when called from our gravity forms add-on.)
- Added option to load earlier versions of select2
- Cleaned up logic related to messages shown when ticket failed to close properly on the back-end.
- Cleaned up logic related to messages shown when ticket failed to close properly on the front-end.
- Overlays: Made styling for input and select buttons for certain overlays specific to the Ticket-list page instead of overriding all the other ticket pages.
- Renamed certain sections of the TICKETS->SETTING->EMAILS tab and added descriptive text to certain other items.
- Security Fixes
- Sanitize the ticket post title when tickets are submitted from the admin area by agents and admins.
This version requires upgrades to some of your add-ons: Custom FAQ, Documentation, FAQs, Smart Replies, Powerpack and Public Tickets
The version 5.x line is a MAJOR upgrade from 4.x
If you are upgrading from 4.x or or earlier versions it is strongly suggested that you test this upgrade in a stage/test environment before applying it to your production site.
Please make sure that you back-up your site before applying this update!
- Ensure that drag-and-drop uploads only allow approved file extensions.
- Integrate the REST API into the core. Turn it on using the new settings tab in TICKETS->SETTINGS->REST API.
- Add new tab on privacy screen to submit a request to export ALL system data to the admin (not just tickets)
- Replace icon images on ticket screen in wp-admin with a true icon file – helps scale up properly on higher resolution screens.
- Added the concept of an OVERLAY to the AS theme
- Added four overlays – “Subtle”, “Angle”, “Dark” and “Orange”
- Entering an email address into the WP personal data eraser that does not match a user is allowed by WP. That led AS to delete ALL tickets when the personal data eraser was run for that invalid email address.
- Editing a reply did not show the text editor, just the html editor.
- Delete temporary drag-and-drop folders 24 hours after creation. This prevents them from accidentally being deleted immediately if uploads or processing is slow.
- Polylang and other schemes that duplicated the AS ticket pages would end up with the privacy popup not being hidden by default.
- Add-ons page can now read ‘single server’ license pricing for certain add-ons.
- Modify add-on base class to NOT show a license warning if an itemid has not been set.
- CSS: Tightened up spacing around the delete ‘x’ next to attachments
- CSS: Tightened up spacing around the attachment area when viewing a ticket
- CSS: Make front-end tickets table responsive.
- CSS: Removed round border from icons, made icons black and use a subtle dimmed color to indicate when an icon is in-focus
- Update the EDD SL Licensing Class File – prior versions of AS was loading that file in the WRONG location
- Added a new filter so that add-ons can integrate with our data export process.
- Editing the opening ticket post did not respect the logging flags. It would always show the original content in the logs.
- PHP 5.6 error on static function when rendering the privacy popup.
- A variable was not declared before being used under certain circumstances (when a right to be forgotten request was being submitted).
- Better error handling for duplicate right-to-be-forgotten requests.
- Better styling on error messages on privacy popup screen.
- Add option to allow/deny agents setting the auto-delete attachments flag in wp-admin.
- Privacy popup was not available on single ticket page on front-end.
- Clean up edit history popup css
- Make edit history popup fullscreen.
- Move main toolbar inside the ticket opening post area so that the icons conditionally appear on hover. Saves vertical space.
- Add some new filters around the user consents so other add-ons can tie into them.
- Add new action hook – wpas_custom_field_filters_after – which allows another location for for add-ons to hook into the ticket listing display in wp-admin.
- Added fields to hold phone numbers in the user profile.
- The function that created user names would not duplicate-check a user name when handed one by the calling program. This primarily affected the email-support premium addon when the admin chose to use a user name construction method that would result in many commonly used user names.
- Resolved an issue with labels and some text in the privacy popup when slashes were used.
- Privacy popup might appear at the bottom of some pages where it really shouldn’t appear.
- The page numbers at the bottom of the front-end ticket list were being wrapped unnecessarily
- Code to prevent the same email address from being added to the same notification by multiple addons.
- Privacy popup is now full screen. Other styling changes were made as well.
- The privacy popup css was being loaded separately while also being loaded with the minimized css files.
- Added a function to return a list of all support users on a ticket – wpas_get_support_users_on_ticket()
- Added a function to return true/false if the current page is a front-end page belonging to the plugin. Used for the privacy pop-up fix outlined in the fix section above.
The version 5.x line is a MAJOR upgrade from 4.x
If you are upgrading from 4.x or or earlier versions it is strongly suggested that you test this upgrade in a stage/test environment before applying it to your production site.
You will also need to upgrade premium add-ons after this upgrade – in particular POWERPACK, FAQ, DOCUMENTATION, CANNED RESPONSES, FILESTACK and CUSTOM FAQ
At the very least you should back-up your site before applying this update!
- A filter for the cron schedules was returning blanks which caused core WP to generate an error because it wasn’t expecting void or an empty array.
- If an attachment is included with a reply that only has a signature (POWERPACK), we needed to let the reply go through instead of considering it a blank reply and ignoring it.
- Email template design sets
- Added ability to install a email template design set from the TOOLS menu
- Default email template set is now “blue_blocks” for new activations
- Added new registration option: Moderated registration allows admins to approve users before they can submit tickets.
- Added checkboxes to GDPR related registration fields to allow them to be mandatory or optional.
- Added option to log the full contents of replies before they were edited.
- Added option to log the full contents of deletes before they were edited.
- Added a message beneath replies to indicate to the user that the rely was edited
- Added a message beneath the opening ticket post to indicate to the user that there were replies on the ticket that were deleted
- Tickets imported from zendesk can now be searched and sorted on the ticket list. Thanks nmoinvaz
- Add new option to not include the ticket id in the ticket title column on the front-end
- Added new option to show/not show the close ticket checkbox on the front-end (similar behavior as if the admin had turned off the close_ticket capability)
- Added the ability to PRINT tickets in wp-admin without all the sorrounding WordPress metaboxes, browser elements and such.
- Added the ability to drag and drop files in both the ticket and the admin
- Added two new email template tags related to clients – client_first_name, client_last_name
- Added two new email template tags related to agents – agent_first_name, agent_last_name
- added four new email template tags realted to authors author_name, author_first_name, author_last_name, author_email. Thanks nmoinvaz
- Added a separate help and support page where users can see their options to get help and support for the plugin
- Split out upgrade tools into its own table in the TICKETS->TOOLS->CLEANUP screen.
- Added an option under TICKETS->SETTINGS->ADVANCED to control whether attachments should ALWAYS be downloaded when using masked urls.
- Update the tracking opt-in message to include a link back to our site that discloses the information collected when you opt-in.
- Added some help text to the email notifications
- Rearranged the GENERAL settings tab to separate front-end options from back-end options
- Gutenberg blocks now have a generic white background with black text
- Updated an internal role function to better support the arrays created by the User Role Editor plugin. Thanks nmoinvaz
- Labels in user profile changed to explicitly reflect that the fields added are from Awesome Support
- Mandatory UPLOAD custom fields was not working properly. Files uploaded with the REQUIRED flag set still resulted in an error message stating that the field is required.
- If the custom fields tab or additional interested parties tab was not visible to an agent, all fields would be reset to blank when a ticket was saved.
- The notification flag for tickets closed by customer was not being respected.
- The filter for “old” tickets was simply not working
- Added an empty BS4 css theme file to the awesome support BS4 theme file folder to prevent a file not found error.
- Cleaned up some help text.
- Option to hide closed tickets on the frontend was simply not working and it never could have worked.
- Make sure that the attachments_max option in the file uploader uses a default of 2 instead of no default or a zero default.
- Setting the ALLOW AGENTS TO ENTER TIME option to false will no longer disable all editors on the page.
- Fixed incorrect text that would display when loading more replies on the front-end in descending order
- When sentences are really long for some reason, wordwrap/break within the borders of the table when rendering the ticket on the front-end.
- Changed a doaction hook to an apply filters hook – the wpas_show_done_tool_message hook is more usable as a filter.
- Added new action hook, wpas_system_tools_after, at the very end of the system-tools.php view file.
- Updated the wpas_reply_edited action hook to add a new parameter that makes it easy to do before and after compares.
- Started process of renaming all occurrences of the wpas_log help function to wpas_log_history().
- Removed a few pages from the wpas_is_plugin_page check because future versions of the email add-on will use the provided filters to update the array.
- Added optional parameter to function wpas_is_agent to pass in an agent id instead of just checking for current user.
- Renamed incorrectly named action hook from wpas_tikcet_after_saved to wpas_ticket_after_saved
- Add new filter: wpas_submission_page_url
- Add new filter: wpas_tickets_list_page_url
- Add new filter: wpas_consent_tracking
- Add new action hooks: wpas_track_consent_update_new, wpas_track_consent_update_new_too, wpas_track_consent_update_existing_after and wpas_track_consent_after
- Updated the wpas_user_can_reply_ticket filter to pass in the correct ID – the prior ID being passed was incorrect.
- Add new action hook at end of ticket details metabox – wpas_backend_ticket_status_after_actions
- New filters related to the WP 4.9.6 new personal data eraser: wpas_before_delete_ticket_via_personal_eraser and wpas_allow_personal_data_eraser
- Updated an internal role function to better support the arrays created by the User Role Editor plugin. Thanks nmoinvaz
- Added two new filters for the standard email notifications class wpas_email_notifications_reply_types and wpas_email_notifications_post_types. Thanks nmoinvaz
- Modified the standard email notifications class to handle post types other than just ticket and ticket_reply. Thanks nmoinvaz
New and Updated Add-ons Associated With This Release
- New: Company Profiles
- New: Agent Front-end
- New: PINS
- New: Scheduled Tickets
- New: Smart Submit
- Updated: Email Support
- Updated: Service Level Agreements
- Updated: FAQ
- Updated: Private Notes
- Updated: Powerpack
- Added additional post-types to our function that determines if a page is ours.
- Add disclosure notice in LICENSE tab about data being transmitted to our servers during license checks.
- Updated wpas_is_admin() function to include check for is_super_admin()
- Get the remote notification client working properly.
- Strip slashes from outgoing emails when single quotes are used in the subject line (and other areas).
- Remove blank menu option that remained after the on-boarding wizard is complete.
- Color coding priority on ticket detail screen tabs did not check to see if priorities were enabled.
- Added a new parameter to the wpas_email_notifications_sender_data filter ($this).
- Fix name on post-render action hook inside the submission form. It had a ‘-x’ after the name for some reason.
- Added an onboarding wizard to get users quickly set up after activating the plugin
- Added option for admin to be able to set the role that a user will be registered with when using our registration page
- Fix: Agents can view tickets that they are not authorized to view if they know the direct URL link or ticket ID of a valid ticket.
- Simple WooCommerce Integration adds the SUBMIT TICKET and MY TICKET page links to the WooCommerce user dashboard
- The REPLY editor is now in a tab next to the ATTACHMENTS tab so that the user does not have to keep scrolling endlessly in order to find commonly used functions.
- Moved the CUSTOM FIELDS, ADDITIONAL INTERESTED PARTIES and STATISTICS metaboxes inside tabs. This move saves on vertical space and prevents users from endlessly scrolling down to find key info in metaboxes.
- Email template tags can now be inserted directly from inside the editor using a new editor button.
- Added a toolbar to the TICKET DETAIL page that can be used for buttons.
- possible breaking change The submission form was redone to make all fields being used part of the global custom fields array. Helps with sorting.
- Hide the ticket SLUG by default. Can be shown now with a new button on the button bar. Helps saves some vertical space.
- Options for changing the location of the log files
- New version of Eric Mann’s wp-session-manager framework which uses custom tables to hold the session data. For larger volume sites this is much more efficient!
- Added function to check to see if a notice is a license notice and suppress it if we’re running in SAAS mode. This only works for those add-ons that use our core library functions so older add-ons that dont will still show license notices.
- Added an ORDER attribute for custom fields (will only be used by the premium custom fields add-on for now but can be used to set a sort order and the custom fields array sorted by any developer)
- Added new attributes for custom fields to allow for pre and post do_action declarations
- Added option to show/hide the extended date-time information when hovering on replies.
- Added additional registration field options so that GDPR related notices can be provided during the registration process.
- Added options to control who should receive new user notifications
- Added options to control how the user name should be constructed when a user registers
- Added option to control where the user is redirected to after logging out
- Added option to set the PRODUCT slug directly in the SETTINGS screen (TICKETS->SETTINGS->PRODUCTS MANAGEMENT)
- Added option to redirect to a different page after a new ticket is entered.
- Added option to hide closed tickets on the front end.
- Added option to integrate teamviewer chat box inside the ticket screen.
- Added new security capability ‘assign_ticket_creator’.
- Added options to control who can see the CUSTOM FIELDS tab in wp-admin
- Added options to control who can see the ADDITIONAL INTERESTED PARTIES tab in wp-admin
- Added options to control who can see the TAGS metabox in the ticket screen in wp-admin
- Added a new base extension class for use by add-ons. Eventually all add-ons will be converted to use this new class.
- User search drop-downs in ticket admin now shows the user id and email address. These items can be searched on as well. (Thanks to George Lagonikas of subscriptiongroup.co.uk for submitting this feature to github for the benefit of all users.)
- Support Agent Dropdown is now a regular drop-down by default, not a SELECT2 drop-down.
- Updated SELECT2 library from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5
- Updated BootStrap 4.0.0 cdn link to point to the final version
- Added documentation links to the documentation tab for the importer.
- On small screens, made the “more” button on tabs a “hamburger” icon since its now universally recognizable as a menu
- Explicitly UNDECLARE support for GUTENBERG metaboxes so that the NEW TICKET page will render properly even when the GUTENBERG plug-in is installed.
- Added a GUTENBERG template for new tickets just in case the GUTENBERG editor ends up being shown for some reason. (Under normal circumstances GUTENBERG should not be shown on Awesome Support ticket pages.)
- Added a new wp-config option (WPAS_GUTENBERG_META_BOX_COMPATIBLE) to force the GUTENBERG editor to show up on the new ticket page. This is to be used strictly for testing only!
- Added issuetracking and sla post types to the wpas_is_plugin_page() function.
- Made the CHANNEL field available to hooks earlier when adding a ticket.
- Added new filter to control whether or not the list of tickets in the user profile widget is shown. The filter name is wpas_user_profile_show_tickets.
- Added new function for internal use – wpas_get_current_user_role
- Add filters to check if user can reply or close a ticket from addons (wpas_user_can_reply_ticket and wpas_user_can_close_ticket.)
- Modified install/upgrade routine to check to see if a variable was null before attempting to use it
- A 400 error was being generated when the agent was viewing tickets in the back end (caused by remote notifications class not being accessible when AJAX was used).
- Restrict parsing of certain requests to the edit-ticket screen to prevent possible conflicts with other plugins
- Replace the get_the_author_meta function calls with get_user_option for better multi-site compatibility.
- Status filter on front-end was showing statuses commingled with PRIORITY when the priority field was enabled.
- Login page had duplicate CSS IDs when registration was turned on. New versions of the chrome browser are now flagging these as explicit errors in the browser console.
- Make sure that users with the administer_awesome_support capability can see an accurate ticket count of all tickets in the menu (since they are a legitimate Awesome Support full admin and should see everything related to Awesome Support).
- Users with administer_awesome_support capability should automatically see all tickets in the ticket list (unless overridden by the POWERPACK add-on security profiles).
- Make sure topbar ticket count is correct for users with the administer_awesome_support capability.
- Ticket counts at top of ticket list is now correct for users with administer_awesome_support capability.
- Make radio button custom field labels clickable – thanks to Talyash for this contribution
- Tickets were not going to INPROCESS under certain circumstances. If the first agent reply on the ticket didn’t change the status (eg: when using smart replies), it would never get changed on a normal agent reply in admin. Now it does.
- WooCommerce 3.x styles stepped all over some of the AS styles on AS pages.
- Added multiple checks for empty variables before attempting to use them (Thanks to George Lagonikas of subscriptiongroup.co.uk for submitting these.)
- The attachments browse button overlapped the lower border on the default WP themes (2015/1/6/17) on the submit ticket form on the front-end.
- No security fixes in this release
- DIVI theme compatibility layer
- WP 4.9 broke the color pickers
- No security fixes in this release
- Fixed a few more incorrect text-domain references
- No security fixes in this release
- Welcome page now has new tabs, links to documentation and is generally cleaned up to show more information in a better format.
- Replaced a call to mkdir() with wp_mkdir_p() (contributed by lubobill1990)
- Set a variable to type array if it’s empty – just in case its empty because an array wasn’t passed into the function (contributed by lubobill1990)
- Replaced calls to update_user_meta with update_user_option instead (helps when users are on multi-site so that they can have different options on each site).
- Filter added to reply form – wpas_show_reply_form_front_end – can be used to control whether the reply form should be shown on the front-end.
- Option to remove rating request in wp-admin footer.
- Add new filter wpas_allow_loading – allow loading / not loading of AS – useful to avoid loading AS when traffic received is from a bot.
- Add new filter wpas_allow_soft_loading – allow loading / not loading of AS – useful to avoid loading AS when traffic received is from a bot. This one is different from the one above in that it uses a RETURN statement instead of a DIE statement when the filter evaluates to FALSE.
- Add new internal function wpas_filter_input_server() that helps to work around a known PHP bug involving INPUT_SERVER and the FILTER_INPUT() function.
- class-logger __destruct was assuming a file name instead of a resource handle when attempting to close a file.
- A function in class-logger were attempting to close a file using the filename instead of the file resource handle.
- Log files need to be in separate folders when running under multi-site.
- Fix: Core taxonomy custom fields were not using the slugs defined in wp-config. This affected the PRODUCTS, DEPT, PRIORITY and CHANNEL fields that are shipped as part of core. It also affected any user defined custom fields as it forced the rewrite slug to be the same as the name.
- Remove log viewer tab in tools submenu if current user is not an admin
- Add nonce security check to Log Viewer Ajax calls (thank you pluginvulnerabilities.com)
- Wrap Log Viewer filenames in basename() (thank you pluginvulnerabilities.com)
- (Internal tweak) Do not load the flexboxgrid css script if bootstrap4 scripts are turned on.
- Pricing for certain items on the add-on page was missing (because they deviated from our normal pricing standards).
- Minor grammar fix to tools->system status tab.
- Changed the name of the quick-close and re-open links in the ticketlist because the WP auto-generated classnames for the link conflicted with Bootstrap 4 classnames (causing some wacky displays!)
- Added quick-start instructions at the top of the ABOUT page that is shown when the plugin is activated.
- [urgent]Create and update ticket meta _wpas_last_reply_date and _wpas_last_reply_date_gmt when tickets are opened from wp-admin.
- New custom field attributes for custom css classes
- New custom field attributes for multiple columns using Bootstrap 4 classes (experimental)
- Improved compatibility with bootstrap 4 (Bootstrap 4 support is STILL experimental)
- [urgent] FAQs, DOCUMENTATION and other add-ons that used the reply-area in wp-admin had their select drop-downs disabled.
- Additional work was done on automatic upgrade routines 3.x.x to 4.2.x (please consider this experimental and BACKUP your database before upgrading!)
- Fix minor grammar issue on general settings tab.
- 4.2.0 was never submitted to the wordpress repo. So the upgrade is from 4.1.0 to 4.2.1, not 4.2.0 but includes all the 4.2.0 improvements and fixes outlined below.
- Added option to change the batch size used when cleaning up expired sessions
- New: Filter added to INIT function in wpas-session class. You can use the new wpas_initiate_session_flag filter to disable creating the session. This would be useful when the traffic is coming from bot sources such as pingdom or uptimerobot.
- New: Filter added to the wpas_can_reply_ticket function. The new filter, wpas_can_also_reply_ticket, allows overriding the checks that determines if a user can reply to a ticket.
- When filtering by ticket id, remove all other filters.
- Added options to control which tabs are shown at the top of the TICKET LIST screen.
- Added automatic upgrade routines for 4.0.x to 4.2 and 3.x to 4.2 (both experimental)
- Disable product filter in ticket list since it doesn’t work (and never worked)
- The 3.x to 4.x upgrade routine name was incorrect
- Removed unnecessary text from the TITLE of the email template.
- Fix: Custom field attribute for Show In Front-end Detail was only working when the show column back end attribute was set to true. It now works regardless of the value of the show column attribute.
- Added TABS at the top of the ticket list screen to clean up the area. (Depending on your theme this could be a minor breaking change!)
- Added new option in the SCREEN OPTIONS tab at the top of the ticket list screen to allow users to open ticket details in a new window/tab when the ID is clicked
- (Breaking Change) Added two new custom field options: show_frontend_list and show_frontend_detail. This allows users to control where a custom field will show up on the front end when viewing existing tickets.
- Added new filter option for ticket list to show only those tickets waiting for reply
- Added two new internal fields on the ticket cpt to store the last reply date and whether the ticket is waiting for a reply or not.
- Experimental option to turn on bootstrap 4 styling. Definitely not ready for prime-time but merged in for future use. Or it might be removed.
- Experimental support for upgrades as far back as 3.2
- Custom field date types now have a dropdown calendar/datepicker in non-chrome browsers
- System report would omit timezone if it was not set to a built-in city
- Expired licenses are now shown as expired in the licenses tab instead of having no message at all
- Links in ABOUT page fixed to point to new documentation pages on our site.
- Tweak: Performance improvements on admin pages when there are a large number of products
- Tweak: Remove the option to EDIT from the BULK ACTIONS menu when viewing the ticket list. Using it could corrupt the database when multiple taxonomy option items were added to a taxonomy field.
- Tweak: Updated the SELECT2 library to version 4.0.3
- Tweak: Updated titan framework library EDD plugin Updater to 1.6.4 which fixes a few items including reducing the number of license calls to the add-ons licensing server
- (Breaking Change) Tweak: Custom field attribute show_column is now only used to control whether the column shows up on the back-end ticket list. Use the new show_frontend_list and show_frontend_detail attributes to control where and how a column shows up on the front end.
- Tweak: Compatibility layer for certain themes that load different versions of the select2 file. We now include the full select2 distribution as an option that can be set in TICKETS->SETTINGS->ADVANCED
- Tweak: Improved WPML compatibility (Thanks to David Garcia Watkins from WPML for contributing this improvement on github)
- Tweak: Better sorting of the activity column in ticket list.
- Tweak: Better performance when sorting the activity list
- Tweak: Internal function update to the list of custom post types that qualify as being owned by awesome-support
- Tweak: Layouts on very small mobile screens
- Added infrastructure code to allow the use of TABS in the reply area by add-ons. This means that the never ending size of the reply area is now more manageble since add-ons can now place their UI in a tab.
- Tweak: Only update CHANNEL in wpas_insert_ticket if channel field is blank. This allows some other filter/action hooks to override the default channel.
- Tweak: Modified notifications class so it can be extended.
- Add some new options to control how attachment links are shown on tickets. Some servers cannot handle our masked attachment links because of mis-configuration so now have option to use unmasked links
- Add option to control the contents of the .htaccess file that protect an individual ticket upload folder.
- Modifications to email notifications to support new features in the POWERPACK (Productivity) add-on.
- Added the ability to optionally view the open date and the close date in GMT format in the activity column.
- Added option to show the length of time a ticket was opened in the activity column. Only applies to closed tickets.
- Show full date/time for replies when user hovers.
- Show time elasped since ticket was open on replies when user hovers.
- Changed upgrade routine name to make sure it runs when upgrading from 3.x.
- Simplified logic related to when the AWAITING REPLY tag is shown. Before it was shown to agents who were not involved on a ticket even if another agent had already replied to the ticket.
- Always show the agent column in the admin ticket list. Before, we would remove that column if an agent who was not an admin was viewing the list.
- php warning was being thrown if product syncing was enabled but user did not click the SAVE button in the PRODUCTS tab on the SETTINGS screen.
- Add new option under tools menu to delete products that haven’t been used on a ticket.
- Add new option under tools menu to view log files stored in the awesome-support/logs folder (experimental).
- Add close date under the activity column in the admin ticket list.
- Add new options for cookie management under the TICKETS->SETTINGS->ADVANCED TAB
- Add new filter for front end ticket detail page (wpas_frontend_nav_buttons)
- Add filter: wpas_try_login_redirect for successsful logins
- Add new function to generate an MD5 hash
- Add new option to skip certain validation options when closing a ticket (will be useful for one-click close functions)
- Record failures to write .htaccess files (log is located in the awesome-support/logs folder)
- Allow adding extra tabs to the tools/system area from plugins/add-ons
- For full product resync under the TOOLS menu option do not delete the existing products in the AS product taxonomy if they are used in tickets already
- Verify that a folder is writable before writing a .htaccess file to it.
- Check for empty value after calling a function in the stakeholders.php metabox code. Prevents debug.log error from being thrown while still allowing for the proper agent dropdown to be shown on the screen.
- Issue with activation on multisite single-blog mode – activation was not completing properly.
- Issue with licensing infrastructure for add-ons. Not all licenses would allow for activation after the licensing server software was updated
- Check for the existence of a function before using it in our custom fields class.
- Fixed an issue where dropdowns created by our built-in dropdown functions would not return the correct value because of a datatype casting error
- Fixed an issue where a warning was being thrown about ‘original post status’.
- Added option to internal function to use a pre-defined user name when creating a user.
- Added two utility functions for generating dropdowns – for later use.
- Added new hook into the reply field content when its on the form – hook name is wpas_admin_reply_form_content
- Incorrect error message shown when PHP version is not adequate.
- Compatibility shim for sensei plugin – it pukes post ids indiscrimnately on all custom post type pages so we have to disable it on our pages.
- Ticket slug settings were not being respected when the ticket was opened in wp-admin.
- Applied an explicity INT cast to the time tracking fields when retriving data (just in case they somehow end up with non-numeric data)
- Admin ticket list lost the email address for the ticket creator.
- Forcing a minor update through to force the svn repo to resync properly.
- Minimum required version of PHP is now 5.6
- Minimum required version of WP is the 4.x line.
- Major revamp of sorting and filtering capabilities
- More taxonomy fields now work when filtering and sorting
- Can enter a ticket number to find a ticket quickly
- All other fields can sort or filter
- Exception: Product – can only sort on Product not filter (filter will be added in a future version)
- Exception: Agent – can only filter on agent; cannot sort by it.
- Added a set of fields that will be used for time tracking.
- Basic time tracking so agent can set time spent on ticket.
- Notes fields
- Options to show/not show the fields on the ticket
- Options to show/not show the fields in the ticket list on the back end
- Options to show the fields disabled on the ticket (used when another plugin is updating the fields)
- Added two “Additional Agent” fields. These agents can be notified of ticket events and can see the tickets in their ticket list.
- Limitation: There are no email template tags for additional agents to all emails CCed to the additional agents will still reference the primary agent.
- You can now set the number of tickets per page that is shown on the front end. The default is still 5. (Some customers had hundreds of tickets for clients based on how they were using the plugin).
- Custom fields:
- Now have an option to be “backend” only. (Documentation to be updated after release).
- Can now be set as “readonly”. (Documentation to be updated after release).
- Now have options to control capabilities specific to custom taxonomy fields.
- There is now a new explicit field for ticket PRIORITY. You can configure your own priorities and color code them. This field is optional and can be turned on for the front-end, back-end or both and can be made mandatory or optional.
- If a priority is set and a color is chosen for the priority then the ticket header will change to reflect that color.
- There is a new optional CHANNEL field that allows you to select where a help request originated. The drop-down is pre-configured with a number of common channels such as FACEBOOK and EMAIL. In many instances it will be up to the agent to fill in the field – it is not automatically populated in most cases. But it is automatically populated and set for tickets generated from the standard ticket form, gravity forms and those opened via email.
- Added internal fields to store a count of the number of replies on a ticket. This is going to be useful on reports.
- Use the button under the TOOLS->SETTINGS->CLEANUP tab to update the fields on older tickets.
- Added a set of fields to store “additional interested parties”. These are simply notational fields that do nothing right now but they set the stage for future alerts and notices.
- Save the date the ticket was closed in new metafields. Before, the date the ticket was closed was not explicitly saved which made it very hard to use the closing date on reports.
- New WordPress Capabilities have been added:
- view_all_tickets. This allows non-admin agents to view and update all tickets in the ticket list if the capability is assigned.
- view_unassigned_tickets: This allows non-admin agents to view and update unassigned tickets if the capability is assigned.
- manage_licenses_for_awesome_support: This allows the license box to be hidden. It is now only shown to admin users by default.
- administer_awesome_support: Will be used in future versions and add-ons to limit certain things to Awesome Support admins instead of forcing users to log in with full WP Admin capabilities
- Other capabilities specifc to the new pre-installed custom taxonomies.
- Add new options for specifying the ticket slug (post id, random number, guid are now options. See TICKETS->Settings->Advanced)
- When replying to a ticket you can choose whether to automatically go to the next ticket in the list or the previous ticket in the list (in addition to the prior options of staying in the ticket and going back to the ticket list).
- Add ticket id to front end ticket list.
- Labels for built-in custom fields can now be retrieved from the OPTIONS array if they exist otherwise default to built-in text values
- Add action hooks:
- execute_additional_tools to allow add-ons to add their own buttons to the TOOLS->CLEANUP tab.
- wpas_show_done_tool_message allow add-ons to show a message after running a tool.
- wpas_backend_ticket_stakeholders_before to allow add-ons to access the the stakeholders metabox
- wpas_insert_reply_admin_failed to hook into failed replies from the back-end (rare event, should never be needed but added just in case)
- wpas_ticket_after_update_admin_success to hook into updates done from the admin screen
- wpas_insert_reply_admin_success to hook into replies done from the admin screen
- wpas_post_new_ticket_admin to hook into new tickets done from the admin screen
- Add filter hooks:
- wpas_cf_field_label allows you to change field labels for custom fields
- wpas_fe_template_detail_reply_author_avatar allows for the opportunity to change the avatar in the ticket-reply template on the front end
- wpas_fe_template_detail_reply_display_name allows for the opportunity to change the display name in the ticket-reply template on the front end
- wpas_fe_template_detail_author_avatar allows for the opportunity to change the avatar in the details template on the front end
- wpas_fe_template_detail_author_display_name allows for the opportunity to change the display name in the details template on the front end
- wpas_dropdown now supports a “multiple” attribute
- Politely requests user to rate after 25 closed tickets.
- Action hook wpas_insert_ticket is now passing an additional parameter containing the original data received before any changes.
- Cleaned up Custom Post Type definitions for ticket replies, logs and history so that third party tools can more easily identify them. Prior to this change they all appeared with the name “POSTS” to third party tools which wasn’t very useful.
- Checkbox custom field can now be shown on the TICKET LIST screen on the back end.
- Some Internal updates to support the add-on infrastructure for certain add-ons.
- Functions in functions-email-notifications.php uses a new hook wpas_add_reply_complete so that email notifications now occur AFTER attachments have been processed
- A similar hook was added/modified in functions-post.php for the same reason
- Added a couple of functions to get tickets belonging to a particular agent
- Added hooks in the ticket details metabox to be able to add content before and after the default ticket content
- Added processing code for using an ATTACHMENTS tag in email templates
- Adjusted the location where custom fields data is updated in the ticket. This is an internal change to ensure that certain alerts have access to the information stored in custom fields.
- Updated to allow custom fields to show in the user profile (under very limited and narrow circumstances this is ok but not intended for use by outside developers)
- Settings screen changes
- New tab for Basic Time Tracking fields
- New tab for Products configuration
Uninstall Routine Updates:
- Delete ticket attachment folders on the local drives
- Uninstall the new taxonomy fields introduced in this version
- Change a callback routine in functions-templating.php to handle classes as well as strings.
- Restrict delete_attachments() and set_upload_dir() to Ticket custom post-type only.
- Cleaned up a few PHP notices
- Allow translation of PRODUCT and DEPARTMENT header on ticket list (backend)
- The USER PROFILE metabox/widget on the ticket detail page now shows the full count of open/closed tickets with or without filters applied. It will now always show the real count regardless of the number of tickets listed underneat the summary.
- Show more than 10 add-ons in the ADD-ONs screen
- Better sychronization between Custom Status and the TICKETS->SETTINGS->STYLE tab.
- To make sync work properly you need to first manually make sure that your color settings in the Tickets->Settings->Style tab matches the ones in Custom Status. Once that is done syncing between core the the add-on will work properly.
- When the agent selected “Back to List” for their “after reply” action in their personal profile, this action did not work. Fixed.
- Removed the word “PUBLIC” from certain template tags that aren’t really public options
- Only activate plugin on single site activation. Network activation on multi-site should do nothing now since there is no specific multisite functionality available.
- Removed use of legacy method to check of custom field exists.
- Custom fields could not handle multiple checkbox values being stored.
- Updated default styles on checkbox and radio button custom fields.
- Remove some unused code.
- Product Sync Fixes:
- Product Sync logic in get_terms was not detecting product taxonomy term id as being synced.
- Synced products did not show up in the ticket list product column
- Changed the way sync works to make it more real time with EDD and WC
- Styling fixes to checkbox and radio button custom fields
- Fix to allow custom fields checkbox options to show in ticket list
- Fix to show the label for checkbox custom fields on forms
- File uploader class was not setting the attachments folder location correctly under certain circumstances.
- Added back in the ABOUT menu option – it was remove from prior versions.
- BREAKING CHANGE: Change a hook with an incorrect name that was used when defining the Deparment taxonomy. Any modifications using the old hook name will need to be updated to use the new name.
- After installing the new version please go to your TICKETS->SETTINGS tabs and click the SAVE CHANGES button to write the defaults for new options to your database.
- If it seems that certain options are missing from your TICKETS menu or your TICKETS->SETTINGS screen then please go to TICKETS->TOOLS->CLEANUP and click the button to re-run the 3.3.4 to 4.0.0 upgrade. This will add in any missing WordPress security capabilities to your installation.
Deprecated or Removed
- PHP 5.2 and PHP 5.3 no longer supported. Portions of the plugin were not supported by 5.2 for a while now but going forward no testing will be done on PHP 5.2. The minimum supported PHP version is 5.6.3.
- Support for the version 3.x line of WP is being deprecated – going forward there will be no more testing or support on these versions.
3.3.4 – December 27th, 2016
- Added new actions to support attachments processing in the Gravity Forms and Email Piping add-ons
- added new class to support attachements processing from add-ons
- Updated author names in composer.json (github repo)
- Updated this readme file to include more relevant and up-to-date information on Awesome Support
- Changes to support a better cron option for the e-mail piping add-on
- Plugin would delete its data by default during the un-install process. Fixed to force it to respect the flag in the TICKETS->SETTINGS->Advanced tab.
- Fix an incorrect SQL query in the WPAS_MEMBER_QUERY class
- Check to make sure that $post is not empty before using it
- Standards cleanup in functions-list-table.php
- Squashed some bugs related to attachments when tickets are deleted
3.3.3 – October 31, 2016
- Add templates to e-mail notifiactions
- Offer free addon in admin dashboard
- Improve a number of filters in the e-mail notification class
- Update the translation catalog
- Make sure the Sensei fix works at all times
3.3.2 – September 23, 2016
- Add more hooks and filters
- Don’t show “Awaiting Reply” tag when agents can see all tickets
- Make the “Smart filtering” of tickets an option
- Improved capability check on ticket creation
- Turn auto-completion of password fields off (for PCI compliance)
- Use safe redirects after login & registration (for PCI compliance)
- Improve username sanitization on account creation
- Add the ability to programmatically add new options through
- Fix conflict with ACF Pro
- Fix conflict with Sensei
- Fix issue with orphan medias not showing up in the media library
- Fix issue with terms & conditions not validating properly on account registration
- Localize forgotten strings
3.3.1 – June 20, 2016
- Fix conflict with Ninja Forms
- Fix fatal error with is_main_query()
- Fix issue with PHP 5.2
- Fix issue with file names when downloading attachments (props IgorCode)
- Filter user name in the user profile metabox
- Hide “Terms & Conditions” checkbox when inactive
- Show Awaiting Reply after a ticket is transferred
3.3.0 – May 30, 2016
- Add user profile to ticket details
- Add logout link on front-end
- Add a “Department” field
- Add Ajax search to users list when editing tickets
- Add support for select2 for dropdowns custom fields
- Add support for data attributes on dropdowns
- Add support for column attributes for custom fields
- New e-mail template for tickets closed by the client
- Add pagination to front-end tickets list
- Introduce a
- Admin tickets list
- Move tickets with recent replies to the top in the admin tickets list (thanks Mike Schinkel)
- Better stakeholders metabok in ticket details
- Redirect to tickets list after “quick closing” a ticket
- Front-end tickets list
- Better pagination in ticket details on front-end
- Highlight agent replies in the conversation (front-end)
- Filter ticket attachments out of the media library
- Products synchronization can be disabled + selective sync
- Better performance with large users databases
- Stop using PHP session to avoid issues with site caching
- Add visible “Lost your password” link on login form
- Only show auto-assignment status for agents in WP users list
- Many more small UX improvements
- Redirect non logged-in users even if no tickets list page is set
- Broken admin tickets list on mobiles
- Accounts can no longer be created without an e-mail
- Attachments can’t be opened when Wordfence is enabled with the post-hack option
- Many more bugfixes
3.2.9 – November 11, 2015
- Add a link ot close ticket under reply box for agents
- Fix issue with all tickets showing up in admin even though the option wasn’t checked
- Fix issue with client replies not appearing for agents
- Fix issue with e-mail notifications not sent during Ajax
- Fix issue with incorrect links to tickets in notifications sent during Ajax
3.2.8 – November 10, 2015
- Improve e-commerce products synchronization to avoid errors
make_clickable()and replace it by
- Improve caching of
- Add a new filter for when a ticket is transfered from one agent to another (
- Update textdomain in translation files and when loading translations
- Fix wrong label on login / registration buttons when clicked
- Fix issue with custom taxonomies filters on ticket list screen (admin)
- Remove space from filter
- Prefix settings page name (fixes conflict with WordPress Download Manager)
- Fix filtering by ticket status by removing the
authorparameter from the
WP_Query(occured when plugin was set to only show own tickets in admin)
- Fix wrong agent open tickets count caused by ticket transfer
3.2.7 – October 22, 2015
- Bugfix: Bug in RabbitVCS prevented unversioned files from being committed
3.2.6 – October 22, 2015
- Filter ticket replies controls in admin view
- New hooks in admin reply submission process
- New hook after reply submission form buttons
- Smaller admin bar icon with open tickets count
- Display correct message when user closes a ticket
- Update textdomain for compatibility with WordPress language packs
- Fix error with WooCommerce variable products
- Fix PHP warning on new site acitvation (in multisite environments)
- Fix issue with
3.2.5 – October 2, 2015
- Introduction (very basic) of the singleton pattern
- Introduce an admin notices class
- Assign tickets later during ticket creation so that related product is known in the
- Dynamically register user profile fields for more flexibility with addons
- Make sure
WP_Userobject in the tickets list screen to avoid PHP notices
- Remove editor background color upon validation
- Change output markup for system status report for WordPress.org
- Assign tickets later during ticket creation so that related product is known in the
- Reply content validation in admin text editor
- Correctly filter
- Correctly display taxonomy label in admin no-edit mode
3.2.4 – September 28, 2015
- Fix issue with options not saving (update Titan Framework to 1.9.1)
- Fix agents not being able to see tickets
- Fix “open” status auto-selected in the filters even if it’s not the case
3.2.3 – September 24, 2015
- Extract string from JS to make it translatable
- Allow clients to close a ticket without reply
- Fix wpColorPicker by updating to Titan Framework 1.9
3.2.2 – September 21, 2015
- Filter taxonomies name
- Wrapper function to get a user’s tickets (
- Persian, Dutch and Polish translations
- Make links clickable on both front/back end
- Better sanitize ticket content and replies in admin
- About page footer layout
- Use Grunt to release new versions
- Fix translation not working
- Fix use of deprecated parameter in
- Remove remaining deprecated
- Do not allow multiple tickets list pages
- Fix registrations possible even if deactivated when using the correct POST data
- Fix wrong data type used in system status to list special pages
3.2.1 – September 16, 2015
- All agents automatically set for auto-assignment
- Switch errored login notifications to the new system
3.2.0 – September 16, 2015
- Custom field types: checkbox, date, email, number, password, radio, select, textarea, upload, URL, WYSYWYG
- Ability to pre-populate submission forms fields
- Multiple submission forms
- Compatibility with WordPress ReCaptcha Integration
- Add option to manually enable/disable auto-assignment for each agent/admin
- Show auto-assignment status in users list table
- Pagination on ticket details page for displaying replies (front-end)
- Allow for disabling registration notification when disabled
- Ability to copy system status report for WordPress.org forums directly
- Add new filters to edit fields markup
- Add support for a
functions.phpfile in themes
- Introduce a
WPAS_Agentclass for ease of work with agents and assignment
- Test the plugin against PHP 7
- Only agents and ticket author can view attachments
- Complete rewrite of the custom fields system
- Use custom fields for all front-end forms (so all fields can be customized at once)
- Add front-end live validation for files upload
- Send different notifications if ticket is closed by agent or client
- Make links clickable in tickets and replies
- Improve error messages management (drop the use of long URL vars)
- Revamp notifications management (using the new session manager)
- Improve the use of sessions (using Eric Mann’s session manager)
- Update to the latest version of Titan Framework
- Add system tool to clean agents metas
- Remove the use of all
extract()functions for improved code clarity
- Load unit test files recursively
- Fix wrong post count in the tickets views (above the tickets list table in admin)
- Fix conflict with Jetpack Publicize
- Users dropdown lists not updating immediately after a user is created / deleted / modified
- Remove duplicate notifications on submission form page
- Clients can now upload files from any type specified in the plugin settings
- Fix error loading stylesheets when
- Remove internal links from TinyMCE’s link builder box on front-end
- Fix two PHP 5.2 bugs (
3.1.12 – July 3, 2015
- Add new hook to filter who can view a ticket (
- Add new filter to change the allowed file types layout for uploads (
wpas_attachments_filetypes_display) – props digitalchild
- Add new filter
wpas_before_login_form– props Vasik
- Add new hook to filter who can view a ticket (
- Remove double notification on ticket submission page
- Fix issue escaped characters in e-mail notifcations
- Add support for sites using HTTPS on front-end but not admin
- Fix issue with custom fields not showing in admin when using custom callback function
- Style custom fields in admin
- Fix addons not displaying in the addon page
- Portoghese (Brasile)
3.1.11 – June 5, 2015
- Improve tests coverage
- Add Portuguese (Brazil) translation
- Error messages on plugin pages always show
- Only synchronize e-commerce products that are published
- Show all the synchronized products in the taxonomy screen
- Remove a couple of PHP notices
3.1.10 – May 20, 2015
- More performance improvements
- Fixes “Got a packet bigger than ‘max_allowed_packet’ bytes” issue on sites with lots of users
3.1.9 – May 20, 2015
- Add an option to enable/disable the credit link
3.1.8 – May 19, 2015
- Ticket submission on front-end is now about 50% faster
- Significant performance improvement in the back-end
- Fix the PHP warning on ticket submission
- Hide others tickets in admin if set this way in the settings
- Fix issue with translations not working on some sites
3.1.7 – May 15, 2015
- Ticket ID in tickets list table (admin)
- Direct link to last reply in tickets list table (admin)
- New system tools – Delete / Resync products synchronized with an e-commerce plugin
- Polish translation
- Persian translation
- Romanian translation
- Critical XSS vulnerability with custom information messages – props Anton Kulpinov
- Critical vulnerability with shortcodes allowed in replies – props Anton Kulpinov
wpautop()correctly (there was a typo in the function name)
- When a ticket is closed, check for user’s capability to close it
- Error messages correctly display on login / registration page – props rudashi
- No mor ecalls to deprecated function
update_usermeta()– props rudashi
- Wrong URL to stylesheet when using baclslashes
- Wrong tickets count in admin, the count doesn’t include trashed ticket anymore
- Correctly hide closed tickets if the option is enabled
- Compatibility issue with WooCOmmerce Cart Reports
3.1.6 – March 19, 2015
- Add Croatian translation
- Correctly format the terms & conditions modal box content
- Load custom theme stylesheet if plugin’s theme was customized
- Set the default theme
- Fix broken URL redirect after deleting a reply
3.1.5 – March 17, 2015
- Add new filters
- Add missing textdomains, localize a few forgotten strings, and update translation catalog
- Add a small API to handle admin notices and dismiss them
- Show user display name in users dropdowns and admin tickets list
- Show agent display name in ticket history (back-end)
- Send a confirmation e-mail to user when agent opens a ticket on his/her behalf
- Rewrite of the reply edition function in ticket edit screen (back-end) fixing a couple of bugs
- Fix issue in agent assignment function
- Fix issue with empty email subject when using Mandrill
- Fix the issue of settings page not being translated
- Fix issue with settings page not being reachable when the plugin is translated
- Fix issue with e-commerce products not saving correctly when multiple products is enabled
- Fix dates displayed incorrectly on front-end
- Fix uploads size limit applying on the entire WordPress site
- Fix “ticket closed” saved twice when replying and closing a ticket at the same time
- More details about this update on our blog
- Fix compatibitily issue with WooCommerce
- Add Gist oEmbed support
- Add the
WPAS_DISABLE_AUTO_ASSIGNto disable auto-assignment
- Add URL field for custom fields
- Show login form to non logged-in users on ticket details page
- Fix compatibility issue with WP Members
- Fix random agent assignment when re-assigning an open ticket
- Fix issue with e-mail notifications sent to the wrong agent
- Only show open tickets when filtering by status
- Fix bug preventing ticket with no replies from being deleted
- Don’t show the current status when ticket is closed
- Fix bug with tags not filtering correctly in the admin
- Correctly load translations
- Add Select2 for users and tickets dropdowns
- Do not count trashed posts in the admin menu
- Fix issue with first reply being added twice
- Fix issue with HTML e-mail notifications if multiple notifications are sent by the same instance
- Use the user display name in the stakeholders metabox
- Set the ticket as “In Progress” after first reply in a more reliable way
- Add new hooks
- Do not override custom templates for the ticket details page
- Send HTML e-mails more reliably
- Add new filters before registering the post type
- Add a logging class that can be used for debugging purposes
- Add support for e-commerce plugins when multi-products is enabled (currently supports WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, WP eCommerce and Jigoshop)
- Ask for a password only once on the registration form
- Add e-mail verification to the registration form (uses MailGun, free account required)
- Hide about page from the menu
- Allow e-mail to be used as the login for clients
- Improve agent assignment function
- Re-written and optimized e-mail notification class (with a wrapper function
- Filter subject and body on e-mail notifications
- Let the user specify a reply-to e-mail for notifications
- Make the display of ticket details more secure (to avoid conflicts with plugins/themes)
- Use users display name instead of user name everywhere on the site
- Don’t display agents in the clients list of the stakeholders metabox
- Fix issue with the blank page after login
- Fixed some notices on the ticket single page
- Few bugfixes
- Display taxonomies drop-downs hierarchically
- Add new hooks in the user registration process (81a278a)
- Filter the value returned by
- Minor bugfixes and improvements
- The Phoenix reborn. An entirely new version of Awesome Support