Colorlib 404 Customizer is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to create a custom and stylish 404 page quickly via the Live Customizer. This amazing plugin offers you the possibility to edit and customize the 404 page so you can match it to your website’s design. Colorlib 404 Customizer is exceptionally easy to use and it does not require custom coding or technical skills. All the customizations for the 404 page are done strictly through the Live Customizer.
All websites usually come with a default 404 page already included, but it looks a bit more professional if you customize your own. Not all visitors know what the 404 error message stands for so you could even replace it with a friendlier and more proficient one. Even if it would be ideal not to have errors on your website, you cannot escape 404 errors which make 404 pages important.
Most themes do not have specific customizing options for the 404 page and if you want to change it you have to edit that page’s template and the styling files. This is where Colorlib 404 Customizer comes in! Using Colorlib 404 Customizer you no longer have to code – just install and activate the plugin then go to Appearance > Customize > Colorlib 404 Customizer Settings and start creating your own custom 404 page.
Colorlib 404 Customizer Settings comes with pre-built 404 page templates that you can choose from if you don’t feel like creating your own. You get 20 beautifully designed and custom 404 page templates, and of course each one can be easily customized.
In Colorlib 404 Customizer’s settings you will also find a Custom CSS area for those who would like to add their own custom styling and improve the 404 page further. With Colorlib 404 Customizer creating a professional and competent 404 page is easier than ever.
- Beautiful 404 page design
- Works with all WordPress themes
- Quick and super easy to set up
- Social media buttons (Facebook, Twitter, and email)
- 20 custom 404 page templates
- Option to activate/deactivate Colorlib 404 Customizer
- Background image for the 404 page
- Options to repeat the background image or change its size
- Select 404 page background color
- Select 404 page text color
- Change the 404 page heading
- Option to add Custom CSS for the 404 page
This plugin is developed and maintained by Colorlib. Which is well know for their free WordPress themes. However, now they are looking to extend their presence in plugin development and believe that Colorlib 404 Customizer is a great way to start.
If you are new to WordPress and want to learn more we have got you covered. Colorlib will teach you how to start a blog or create a website and much more. If you are already familiar with WordPress you likely want to learn how to make it faster and more reliable. That’s when you want to look into hosting and more specifically WordPress hosting.
If you enjoy using Colorlib 404 Customizer for WordPress please leave a positive feedback. We are committed to make it the best 404 Customizer plugin for WordPress.
- Download the plugin (.zip file) on your hard drive.
- Unzip the zip file contents.
- Upload the
colorlib-404-customizerfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- A new sub menu item
Colorlib 404 Customizerwill appear in your main Settings menu.
- To disable your 404 custom error page, navigation to Plugins and de-activate your Colorlib 404 Customizer. This will disable the custom 404 error page.
- You can disable the theme options previewer under Apperance > Customize > Colorlib 404 Customizer Settings > General > Activate Colorlib 404 Customizer
Contributi e sviluppo
“Colorlib 404 Customizer” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
Changed: Code Indenting
Changed: Modified deprecated jQuery functions.
Fixed: Alignment problem on template 1 ( https://github.com/ColorlibHQ/colorlib-404-customizer/issues/27 )
- Improved code
- Improved escaping
- Fix edit button when header and footer not included
- Fix toggle button when using themes that modify the layout of controls
- Review dismiss fix
- Review request fix
- Review save fix
- Added global font-awesome and removed font-awesome files from individual templates
- Removed news dashboard widget
- Removed not needed style
- Added option to include header and footer into 404 pages
- Fixed missing closing link
- Personalized templates with element ids and classes
- Minor toggle fix
- Removed styles in preview that are not used by the 404 page
- Minor UI update – toggles update
- Minor Customizer UI update
- Added missing translation strings
- Update change template UI
- Remove uninstall feedback
- Initial release