Are you frustrated by a slow website? Do over-sized images make you say “ewww”… Let EWWW Image Optimizer help you make your site faster, improve your bounce rate, and boost your SEO. But most importantly, make your visitors happier so they keep coming back for more.
With EWWW IO you can optimize all your existing images, from any plugin, and then let EWWW IO take care of new image uploads automatically.
Perché usare EWWW Image Optimizer?
- No Speed Limits and unlimited file size.
- Smooth Handling with pixel-perfect optimization using industry-leading tools and progressive rendering.
- High Torque as we bring you the best compression/quality ratio available with our Premium compression for JPG, PNG, and PDF files.
- Adaptive Steering with intelligent conversion options to get the right image format for the job (JPG, PNG, GIF, or WebP).
- Free Parking The core plugin is free and always will be. However, our paid services offer up to 80% compression, and a host of other features!
- Comprehensive Coverage: no image gets left behind, optimize everything on your site, not just the WordPress Media Library.
- Safety First: all communications are secured with top SSL encryption.
- Roadside Assistance: top-notch support is in our DNA. While API customers get top priority, we answer every single support question with care.
- Pack a Spare: free image backups store your original images for 30 days.
EWWW IO is the only plugin that lets you optimize images using tools on your own server (jpegtran, optipng, pngout, pngquant, gifsicle, cwebp). If you feel the need for more speed, get more compression and offload the CPU-intensive process of optimization to our specialized servers.
With Easy IO, images are automatically compressed, scaled to fit the page and device size, lazy loaded, and converted to the next-gen WebP format.
Stuck? Feeling like maybe you DO need that rocket science degree? We provide free one-on-one email support to everyone.
Do you have an idea to make EWWW IO even better? Share it and vote on future features!
Found a bug? Report the issue on GitHub, and we’ll get it fixed!
Ottimizzazione in massa
Optimize all your images from a single page. This includes the Media Library, your theme, and a handful of pre-configured folders (see Optimize Everything Else below). GRAND FlaGallery, NextCellent and NextGEN have their own Bulk Optimize pages.
Ottimizza tutto il resto
Configure any folder within your WordPress install to be optimized. The Bulk Optimizer will compress theme images, BuddyPress avatars, BuddyPress Activity Plus images, Meta Slider slides, WP Symposium Pro avatars, GD bbPress attachments, Grand Media Galleries, and any user-specified folders. You can also use Scheduled optimization or run the optimizer from WP-CLI if that’s more your thing.
EWWW IO has been tested with hundreds (if not thousands) of plugins and themes, here are just a few of the most common ones: BuddyPress (Activity Plus add-on too), Cloudinary, Easy Watermark, FileBird, FooGallery, GD bbPress Attachments, GRAND FlAGallery, Gmedia Photo Gallery, MediaPress, Meta Slider, Microsoft Azure Storage, MyArcadePlugin, NextGEN Gallery, Regenerate Thumbnails, Weglot, WP Offload Media, WPML, WP Retina 2x, WP RSS Aggregator, WP Symposium. Read more…
If you want simple, get automatic WebP conversion with Easy IO, and be done with it! Otherwise, you can generate WebP versions of your images with the Bulk Optimizer, and deliver them to supported browsers. Take your pick between Apache-style rewrite rules, JS WebP Rewriting, and WebP Rewriting. EWWW IO even works with the WebP option in the Cache Enabler plugin from KeyCDN.
Allows you to run all Bulk Optimization processes from your command line, instead of the web interface. It is much faster, and allows you to do things like run it in ‘screen’ or via regular cron (instead of wp-cron, which can be unpredictable on low-traffic sites). Install WP-CLI from wp-cli.org, and run ‘wp-cli.phar help ewwwio optimize’ for more information or see the Docs.
Supporto per CDN
WP Offload Media is the officially supported (and recommended) plugin for uploads to Amazon S3, Digital Ocean Spaces, and Google Cloud Storage. Check our compatibility list for details on other plugins. All pull mode CDNs like Cloudflare, KeyCDN, MaxCDN, and Sucuri CloudProxy work automatically, but will require you to purge the cache after a bulk optimization.
Huge thanks to all our translators, see the full list!
If you would like to help translate this plugin, join the team.
Signup to receive updates when new strings are available for translation.
Written by Shane Bishop with special thanks to my Lord and Savior. Based upon CW Image Optimizer, which was written by Jacob Allred at Corban Works, LLC. CW Image Optimizer was based on WP Smush.it. Jpegtran is the work of the Independent JPEG Group. PEL is the work of Martin Geisler, Lars Olesen, and Erik Oskam. Easy IO and HTML parsing classes based upon the Photon module from Jetpack.
- Carica il plugin “ewww-image-optimizer” nella tua directory /wp-content/plugins/.
- Attiva il plugin tramite il menù ‘Plugin’ di WordPress.
- Il plugin proverà ad installare automaticamente jpegtran, optipng, e gifsicle per te. Qesto richiede che la cartella wp-content sia scrivibile dall’utente sul web server.
- If the binaries don’t run locally, you may sign up for cloud-based optimization: https://ewww.io/plans/
- Raccomandato Visita la pagina delle impostazioni per abilitare/disabilitare strumenti specifici ed attivare le opzioni avanzate di ottimizzazione.
To find out if your webhost works with the EWWW Image Optimizer, you can check the official list.
Does the plugin remove EXIF and/or IPTC metadata?
EWWW IO will remove metadata by default, but if you need to keep the EXIF/IPTC data for copyright purposes, you can disable the Remove Metadata option.
EXIF data does not impact SEO, and it is recommended by Google (and just about everyone else) to remove EXIF data.
Google Pagespeed dice che le mie immagini necessitano di essere compresse o ridimensionate, nonostante le abbia già ottimizzate. Che cosa faccio?
Try this for starters: https://docs.ewww.io/article/5-pagespeed-says-my-images-need-more-work
Il plugin riferisce che mi manca qualcosa, che devo fare?
This article will walk you through installing the required tools (and the alternatives if installation does not work): https://docs.ewww.io/article/6-the-plugin-says-i-m-missing-something
Il plugin sostituisce le immagini esistenti?
Sì, ma solo se la versione ottimizzare è più piccola. Il plugin non dovrebbe MAI creare un’immagine più grande.
Posso ridimensionare le mie immagini con questo plugin?
Yes, you can, set it up on the Resize tab.
Posso abbassare il valore della compressione dei JPG per risparmiare spazio?
Our premium compression can determine the ideal quality setting and give you the best results, but you may also adjust the default quality for conversion and resizing. Read more…
Il bulk optimizer non sembra funzionare, che cosa posso fare?
See https://docs.ewww.io/article/39-bulk-optimizer-failure for full troubleshooting instructions.
Quali sono i sistemi operativi supportati?
I’ve tested it on Windows (with Apache), Linux, Mac OSX, FreeBSD, and Solaris. The Compress API and Easy IO CDN will work on any OS.
Voglio saperne di più sull’ottimizzazione delle immagini, e sul perché scegliere queste opzioni/tool.
That’s not a question, but since I made it up, I’ll answer it. See this resource:
Contributi e sviluppo
“EWWW Image Optimizer” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Feature requests can be viewed and submitted on our feedback portal
- If you would like to help translate this plugin in your language, join the team
- added: AVIF support via Easy IO, enable on site management at ewww.io
- added: sharpening setting to improve WP resizing via ImageMagick and WebP conversion
- added: AVIF quality setting on Advanced tab
- added: ability for Easy IO to get full-size path when using offloaded media
- changed: JPG quality and WebP quality moved to Advanced tab
- changed: allow .htaccess rules on Cloudways with notice about WebP Redirection toggle
- fixed: front-end HTML parsers running within Bricks editor
- fixed: Easy IO not finding scaled full-size for dynamic size generation
- fixed: cover images not cropped properly by Easy IO
- fixed: Easy IO URLs leaking into post editor with WP 6.0
- added: automatic optimization for Crop Thumbnails plugin
- added: filters to adjust sharpening parameters for core WP (ImageMagick) image resizing
- changed: Easy IO WebP quality can be defined separately from the JPG quality used for resizing operations
- fixed: Picture WebP rewriting disabled on embeds
- fixed: Lazy Load integration with WooCommerce Product Recommendations handling AJAX output incorrectly
- fixed: PHP notice when checking for presence of mod_rewrite/mod_headers
- fixed: LQIP option not available on sub-domain multisite install unless Easy IO is active on site 1
- fixed: API quota function doesn’t handle expired status correctly
- added: Lazy Load and Easy IO support for multiple background images and mixing with gradients
- changed: all Easy IO settings available to all plan levels
- changed: Easy IO CDN image links constrained to 2560px, use EIO_PRESERVE_LINKED_IMAGES to override
- fixed: database upgrade fails on MySQL 5.6
- fixed: LQIP and SVG placeholder options not auto-loaded correctly
- fixed: regression in legacy translation loader
Please refer to the separate changelog.txt file.