APART reduces your site’s carbon footprint and improves user experience by reducing its image data transfer and improving image load times.
Using our proprietary image streaming technology, we stream your content directly from our super fast and optimized, global CDN network directly to your site’s visitors. Data efficient, reliable and SEO friendly.
As our first image layer is a lot lighter than the original image, content is displayed quicker for your users. The experience becomes optimized for any user on any device and any connection speed.
In addition, the latest compression and CDN features are applied to ensure optimisation and lightning fast delivery of your image assets to your end users globally.
- Reduced carbon footprint by minimizing your image data usage
- Improved user experience by displaying images faster for users, especially large impact on mobile connection speeds
- See your carbon footprint reduction in real-time in your dashboard
- Optimize image file size automatically by using our smart compression algorithm
- Scale and resize your images using our smart image toolbox
- Positive SEO score impact by improving user experience
- All your images will show up in Google image search etc exactly as normal
- Image streaming
- Carbon footprint reduction
- Data pausing
- Faster image display
- SEO friendly
- Super fast, global CDN
- Scaling and resizing
- Smart compression algorithm
- Real-time data usage and carbon footprint reduction dashboard
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the prefix provided from Apart into the input and volia you are done! Thanks for making the internet cleaner and faster.
Does APART work with CSS image backgrounds?
APART are working on a solution for handling basic CSS image backgrounds in upcoming releases
What image file types does APART support for streaming?
JPG and PNG.
Why are my website images blurry after implementing the APART script?
When blurry images are shown this is most likely a result of prefixing images on pages where the APART script is not implemented in the head tag. Make sure that the APART script is added to every page where the APART prefix is used.
Why are the images not streamed when I’m testing the website in a local development environment?
APART requires the images to be publicly accessible over the internet. If not, APART will fallback to the original image.
How does the solution work?
The first time an image is requested, e.g. when a visitor is access a page (or a crawler), a request for the image will be sent to the APART server. Since this is the first time the image is being requested, the image is not transcoded, so the visitor will simply be redirected to the original image source. In parallel the image will be downloaded and transcoded be APART. When transcoding of the image is completed, the following image requests will be streamed to any user visiting the site.
Non ci sono recensioni per questo plugin.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Apart” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Bugfix: If there is no prefix or wrong/failing prefix the plugin will not alter the src of image.
- Bugfix: Where admin settings can’t be reached.
- Name change from Greenweb to Apart
- Name change from Seenthis ImageStream to Greenweb