Inspired by Hello Dolly, this plugin works as a reminder of which constellation/star is visible for the current month.
It shows information about the 88 officially recognized constellations by the International Astronomical Union (IAU).
If a constellation has one of the 28 brightest stars, the line shown is designated with an ‘*’.
It is a nice reminder for astronomy amateur developers like myself who wants to be reminded of the constellations and stars that are most visible in a given month.
You can view Nasa’s Picture of the Day, control the color of text and background in the ‘Hello Star’ settings page under “Settings” menu.
I am using NASA API demo_key for retrieving the daily Picture of the Day (apod) image. The demo key has a very low rate limits, if you want to keep apod, I recommend you get your own API key as described here:
For suggestions to make this plugin any better, you can find me on twitter at (http://twitter.com/sarahphp1).
* Most of the information used in this plugin were taken from Chris Dolan’s website: http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~dolan/constellations/
* and Wikipedia.
* Picture of the Day: Nasa apod API: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
- Go to the ‘Add New’ plugins screen in your WordPress admin area
- Search for ‘Hello Star’
- Click ‘Install Now’ and activate the plugin
- OR: Clone the plugin from my github repo at: https://github.com/Sarahphp1/hello-star
- Use the Settings->Hello Star screen to change color of text and background
Non ci sono recensioni per questo plugin.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Hello Star” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Initial release