This plugin allows the author of a post or page to hide the title and it’s containing HTML element from the single view ( is_singular() ).
- Upload the
hide-titlefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- I upgraded to 1.0.2 and the plugin stopped working. Why?
It is possible that your theme does not have the wp_head function in it’s header.php file. In general all themes are suppose to have it, and version 1.0.2 looks for it to prevent adding bad code to the
<head>area of the page. If you have access to your theme file simply add
<?php wp_head(); ?>to header.php just before the
</head>tag. If not, this plugin will no longer be compatible with your theme.
- Hey! This plugin is hiding things I don’t want hidden!
By default this plugin looks for the
.entry-titleclass and hides it. If it doesn’t find it it will look for any
h2elements that contain the title and hide them instead. To change the default
.entry-titleselector to something that makes more sense to you, add the following code to the functions.php file of your current theme:
global $DojoDigitalHideTitle; // Be sure to replace ".your-selector" with your selector! $DojoDigitalHideTitle->set_selector('.your-selector');
As noted in the comments, you’ll need to replace the string
.your-selectorwith the css selector you’d like hidden. It can be any valid css selector such as
#myid, etc. I recommend using a class or id to avoid accidentally hiding unforeseen elements.
- I don’t want to edit my theme files, can’t you just add an option page?
I could, but I’d like to avoid adding Yet Another Options Page if I can. If enough people request it though, I’ll go ahead and bite the bullet.
- Who is the author of this plugin anyway?
This plugin was originally was developed by Randall Runnels of Dojo Digital. In March 2015, the plugin was not compatible with the latest version of WordPress. After finding the problem, Brandon Kraft reached out with a solution, but didn’t hear a response. He contacted the Plugins team at WordPress.org with an offer to assume development to bring it up date. The plugins team reached out and either recieved the approval of Randall, did not hear back at all, or the e-mail bounced.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Hide Title” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Fixed Deletion Error
- Removed WP-Updates
- Added a body class of dojo-hide-title
- Tested New Update Functions for future releases
- Fixed Deletion Error
- Added WP-Updater Support
- Now compatible with latest versions of WordPress
- PHP 4 is no longer supported.
- Fixed a jQuery bug which prevented fallbacks in the case that the selector was not found.
- Added logic to flag when wp_head has run to prevent changes being made to the title in the >head< area.
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple meta field entries.
- Changed the jQuery to use a less brute force method of hiding the title.
- Added a set_selector() method to allow end-users to specify the css selector to hide.