This is a simple plugin to add a badge to your menu. If you create a new page or feature on your website you can easily add a badge or button over top that says new, has a number like with apple notifications, or upload your own.
If you have any features you would like added to the next version or encounter any bugs please contact me.
Coming Soon Features
- Create Outline around menu item
- Add unlimited badges to your menu
- Better Sub-menu functionality
- Upload the plugin directory ‘menu-badge’ to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the side bar item called Menu Badge to configure the plugin.
- Can I use my own image?
Yes you can, there is a feature to upload your own image.
- What type of image does it need to be, are they any specifications?
Use a png with a clear background so that it appears as a button and not a square box.
Also you will want to keep the file size to 500-150px to save on load time.
- Can you make this work with my theme?
In some instances people write code for their theme in a non standard way that causes the badges to appear wrong or not at all. If this is the case please email me and I will look at your site and patch the plugin to work. It currently works on 90%+ of sites tested.
Contributi e sviluppo
“Menu Badger” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Added a check for buttons with class instead of ID for identifier
- Changed onclick menu locator to setInterval for sub menu items
- Menu item list wasn’t pulling menus properly, now makes list of all menus
- version 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 we commit issues, no update
- Initial launch of plugin
- Add badges to you menu
- Upload your own image to use as a badge
- Choose size of your image
- Align the image vertically and horizontally based on your needs