WP NotifyComment is a very simple single pluggable function plugin with no widget interface. A mail is sent to the moderator when a new comment is posted, to alert him that moderation is awaited. This function was originally working on the first WordPress versions and then has behaved erratically after a change in code (malformed header).
To install the WP NotifyComment plugin just follow this simple 5-step recipe :
- Download the plugin and expand it to an empty directory of your local disk drive.
- Copy the local wp-notify-comment folder created by the unzipper onto your server plugins folder (wp-content/plugins/).
- Login into the WordPress administration area and click on the Plugins left menu. Expand the Installed view.
- Locate the NotifyComment plugin and click on the Activate link. Check that the plugin is actually listed as activated.
- You are done, check now a comment is sent if you post a comment (not being logged as administrator).
More information on this widget utilization can be found there.
- What is this plugin fixing in the original pluggable function ?
The mail header formatted by the standard wp_notify_postauthor function is empty instead of containing the required fields. This plugin fills the fields correctly.
- Is there any configuration required in the admin panel ?
Nope. Nothing other than activating the plugin itself.
Non ci sono recensioni per questo plugin.
Contributi e sviluppo
“WP NotifyComment” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- First release. NotifyComment initial implementation.