Complete Migration Plugin for WP professionals
The only migration tool you will ever need as a professional WordPress developer.
WP Synchro was created to be the migration plugin for developers, with a need to do customized migrations or just full migrations.
You need it done in a fast and easy way, that can be re-run very quickly without any further manual steps, like after a code update.
You can fully customize which database tables you want to move and in PRO version, which files/dirs you want to migrate.
A classic task that WP Synchro will handle for you, is keeping a local development site synchronized with a production site or a staging site in sync with a production site.
You can also push data from your staging or local development enviornment to your production site.
WP Synchro FREE gives you:
- Pull/push database from one site to another site
- Search/replace in database data (supports serialized data ofc)
- Handles migration of database table prefixes between sites
- Select the specific database tables you want to move or just move all
- Clear cache after migration for popular cache plugins
- High security – No other sites and servers are involved and all data is encrypted on transfer
- Setup once – Run multiple times – Perfect for development/staging/production environments
In addition to this, the PRO version gives you:
- File migration (such as media, plugins, themes or custom files/dirs)
- Only migrate the difference in files, making it super fast
- Serves a user confirmation on the added/changed/deleted files, before doing any changes
- Customize the exact migration you need – Down to a single file
- Support for basic authentication (.htaccess username/password)
- Notification email on success or failure to a list of emails
- Database backup before migration
- WP CLI command to schedule migrations via cron or other trigger
- Pretty much the ultimate tool for doing WordPress migrations
- 14 day trial is waiting for you to get started at WPSynchro.com
Typical use for WP Synchro:
- Developing websites on local server and wanting to push a website to a live server or staging server
- Get a copy of a working production site, with both database and files, to a staging or local site for debugging or development with real data
- Generally moving WordPress sites from one place to another, even on a firewalled local network
WP Synchro PRO version:
Pro version gives you more features, such as synchronizing files, database backup, notifications, support for basic authentication, WP CLI command and much faster support.
Check out how to get PRO version at WPSynchro.com
We have a 14 day trial waiting for you and 30 day money back guarantee. So why not try the PRO version?
Here is how you get started:
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/wpsynchrodirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly
- Make sure to install the plugin on all the WordPress migrations (it is needed on both ends of the synchronizing)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Choose if data can be overwritten or be downloaded from migration in menu WP Synchro->Setup
- Add your first migration from WP Synchro overview page and configure it
- Run the migration
- Rerun the same migration again next time it is needed and enjoy how easy that was
Do you offer support?
Yes we do, for both free and PRO version. But PRO version users always get priority support, so support requests for the free version will normally take some time.
Check out how to get PRO version at WPSynchro.com
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for support. Also check out the “Support” menu in WP Synchro, that provides information needed for the support request.
Does WP Synchro do database merge?
No. We do not merge data in database. We only migrate the data and overwrite the current.
Where can i contact you with new ideas and bugs?
If you have an idea for improving WP Synchro or found a bug in WP Synchro, we would love to hear from you on:
What is WP Synchro tested on? (WP Version, PHP, Databases)
Currently we do automated testing on more than 300 different hosting environments with combinations of WordPress/PHP/Database versions.
WP Synchro is tested on :
* MySQL 5.5 up to MySQL 8.0 and MariaDB from 5.5 to 10.7.
* PHP 5.6 up to latest version
* WordPress from 4.9 to latest version.
Do you support multisite?
No, not at the moment.
We have not done testing on multisite yet, so use it is at own risk.
It is currently planned for one of the next releases to support it.
Contributi e sviluppo
“WordPress Migration Plugin DB & Files – WP Synchro” è un software open source. Le persone che hanno contribuito allo sviluppo di questo plugin sono indicate di seguito.Collaboratori
“WordPress Migration Plugin DB & Files – WP Synchro” è stato tradotto in 1 lingua. Grazie ai traduttori per i loro contributi.
Ti interessa lo sviluppo?
Changelog (registro delle modifiche)
- Hotfix: Fix case sensitive path introduced in v.1.8.0
- Major change: REST services are no longer used for migrations – Version 1.8.0 will be released to FREE users before PRO users, to make sure everything still works.
- Improvement: Make it possible to preserve custom keys in the options table (normally wp_options)
- Improvement: Deactivate modal added, to give feedback to developer as to why users deactivate WP Synchro
- Improvement: Support for generated columns in database tables
- Improvement: Add changelog as a menu, instead of hiding it as a file nobody will ever look at
- Improvement: Use “migration” everywhere, instead of using “Installation” or “Synchronization”. “Migration” is a better term and better understood.
- Improvement: Better handling of database table constraints
- Improvement: Check for different WP versions when doing migrations, just as a warning
- Improvement: Always show connection options when add/editing migrations, so people dont overlook it
- Improvement: Warn when user is trying to migrate site without a table prefix
- Bugfix: Fix issue with updater conflicting with other plugins
- Bugfix: Fix issue with self-signed certificates for file finalize actions
- Improvement: Basic authentication username/password is now auto-detected on the site where migration is running
- Improvement: Add .DS_Store and .git files to standard exclude for files
- Improvement: Improve licensing page to make it more obvious which state the license is in
- Improvement: Make it easier to copy access key on ‘Setup’ page, by adding a “copy to clipboard” button
- Improvement: Prevent duplicate and identical search/replaces
- Bugfix: Fix migration stage text when i18n numbers format are using space as separator, such as “1 500 000”
- Bugfix: Fix problem where both source and target site was protected by basic authentication
- Improvement: Clear all transients after migration, to prevent wrong data in transients on partial migrations
- Bugfix: Health check showing connection errors on sites with basic authentication enabled
- Bugfix: Some users had issues with checkboxes (‘Migrate files’, ‘Migrate database’) on the add/edit migration being reset when saving the migration
- Improvement: When doing file migration, make it an option to show a confirmation dialog to the user before continuing, so the user can verify the which files will be added/changed and deleted
In this release, it is not turned on by default, since it is a new feature. But it can enabled by setting preconfigured migration to custom migration and enabling it under ‘File migration’
It is expected to be enabled by default on the preconfigured migrations in one of the next releases
- Improvement: License key for PRO version can now be saved in code, as a PHP constant. Define the constant WPSYNCHRO_LICENSE_KEY in wp-config.php or the likes, which will override database value
Example in wp-config.php: define(‘WPSYNCHRO_LICENSE_KEY’, “XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”);
- Improvement: Ask users for acceptance to send data to wpsynchro.com about the usage of features – No personal data ofc.
The data sent can always be seen in migration logs, for full transparency.
- Improvement: Database views can now be migrated, in the same way as normal tables
- Improvement: Improved health check and added a few more checks to it. Also check if using LocalWP on Windows, which has some bugs, that WP Synchro does not like
- Improvement: Slow hosting setting in Setup menu now also reduces file chunk size per request
- Improvement: Improved handling of some special characters in filenames for file migration
- Improvement: Make sure browsers do not autocomplete fields when setting up a sync
- Improvement: Handle when max_allowed_packet is set to a wrong value
- Improvement: The table used and created by the plugin is now using more optimized collation
- Improvement: Added better help to the add migration page, to help users understand what the fields are for and where to get the data needed
- Bug: When syncing mu-plugins, make sure to do the mu-plugin files last, to make sure dependencies are there
- Bug: Make sure to migrate user.ini and .htaccess files at the very end, to prevent dependency errors, like loading WAF files etc.
- Bug: When populating files, do a file_exists just before getting data on it, to prevent problems with files that are created when indexing, but removed when we collect data on it
** Only showing the last few releases – See rest of changelog in changelog.txt **